Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

do english people not support Andy Murray because he has stated that he does not...

...support them in any sports? hes more successful now than Henman was in his full career, yet he is hardly ever praised in the media

was it the euro 08 comments?

is he not "British"?

erocksilm!
    He's mentioned too much in the media, Henman wasn't successful because the media got to him, they assumed just as they are doing with Murray that because he's towards the top of the rankings that he's bound to win Wimbledon. I find him quite annoying to watch, there's nothing that puts him above the rest, he misses one shot so he screams or hits his racket, shouts come on when his opponent misses a shot today, i was rooting for Blake at the Queen's final. Anyway. after all he is scottish not english and i wouldn't blame for not supporting any english teams or other sports people if there was a valid reason and not because they are english but, think about the scottish people who are often called english because people's confusion on the difference between England and Great Britain. He is Scotland's and always will be.

you are hot

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it is because he is scottish, and he said he doesn't support the english. I think scottish people are known to say that if the english are playing in anything then they will always support the other team.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hes now the first brit to win at queens since 1938. reckon he'll be getting some praise tomorrow in the newspapers. im english but i'd be happy to see him win wimbledon. the english leave the bitterness to the scots!

georgieee
    yah
    plus he's a dick

Creamy Tiger
    no because he just gets on with it like a proper sportsmen shud be instead of goin out bein an attention seeker like the chelsea players, but also shud be mentioned more because hes shud a great inspiration to everyone to start playing tennis?
    media have no clue i hope a lot of ppl agree with this.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You are right,cannot stand the guy .

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Andy Murray has a horrible character he is not that nice a person and so why should anyone support Andy Murray just because you are British does not guarantee that the British population will get behind you. Henman at least was mostly a gent about things.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The media supported Henman because he had become public knowledge and even those that aren't interested in Tennis had an interest in his performance.

Andy Murray is an unknown.

Tennis isn't something many people like to watch and the tennis players aren't worth media attention unless they are stunning blondes (Kournakova), US black twins (Williams) or been the only British major contender around for decades (Henman).

I know who you are talking about simply because i flicked over to tennis for 2 secs during adverts today on another channel because i knew it wouldn't have adverts with it being on BB2 lol

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information