Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

How can I prevent puking at camp?

This is sort of a question written out of emetophobia, but it is also written because it happened last time and I would hate to puke again because it would feel like I can never go back again or something.

Let me tell you a little bit about the camp. It feels pretty much like it is in the middle of nowhere, only close to some city, and there is terrible animal smell as I approach the camp because of all the farmland. It is kind of small, and people who are in an organization made for . . . ? but pretty much feels like fun, so both girls and boys go. The sleeping place is divided in half, and one side is girls, one side is boys, with bathrooms close to where you sleep. They are non-air conditioned cabins, with just cots where you put your sleeping bag over to sleep. We go on a hike by a creek, have a mess hall but we eat under a picnic shelter for some meals, and we do lots of fun things.

Sadly, I had to throw up the last time I went. I was sleeping and woke up at 4 am with a nauseous stomach, and had a 30 second warning, not enough time to wake someone up to go to the bathroom or outside with me, run to the bathroom, and throw up. I had to go on the floor, and then go down and wake the doctor person up with the cabin adult, and then go back to bed. I did not go home afterwards.

So, I looked at the weather down where it is (an hour away). What do you know? The prediction is that it might be in the 90's, what might have caused this sad event.

My family has already payed $50 for me to go, so I can't back out now lol the best I can do is prevent it lol It might be helpful to know that I can't bring snacks lol

Any advice on how to prevent it?
    If I drop an altoid and don't notice, and ants come, and the altoid is there, I might have to be sent home, and the organization could be banned from that camp, but good suggestion. The problem with food is mostly bugs and possible mice and rats (even though I love them). Again I say good suggestion with the altoids.

As far as the rest of it, I will follow your advice.
    By the way, I woke up feeling sick, sorry on the confusion. Either way, it would help.

I have tons of bags, so I would be glad to bring them.

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i would get a spray bottle fan. this can keep you cool on the long hot nights. just use it for a few minutes before bed and you won't go to bed feeling so hot and sick.
    and you said you can't bring snacks but i'd think you can at least bring some altoids. they are those little strong mints. they can help your stomach ache.
    also you may not be able to prevent the puking but you should at least bring along a few plastic bags like the ones you bring home when you buy something from walmart or the grocery store. make sure they don't have any holes in them though LOL. and just keep one handy at night just in case you do end up needing to puke. this way its not all over the floor and you won't feel as embarrassed.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information