Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Are Religious Conservatives afraid to allow Gay Marriage because it might...

...legitimize the Gay lifestyle? Because it might show them as regular people who are capable of a monogamous relationship and *gasp* even able to raise an adopted child in stable family unit?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would suggest you address this question to President Obama since he is the one who cost the gays the vote instead of attcking a particular group.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Religious Conservatives hide behind their bibles, twisting and reshaping the bible to what they need at that minute.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i'm religious and a republican but i don't see a problem with gay marriage so i guess that means i'm not conservative and that they will be trying to kick me out of the party soon.anyone who is responsible and stable whether they are gay or straight should be afforded the same rights in all areas of life

i might add homosexuality has been around since the beginning

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Why is it that they demand for marriage when civil union is a sensible compromise?

Isn't it true that the ONLY reason the Gay community demands marriage and marriage only is to FORCE the church to accept the gay lifestyle?

What other motive could there possibly be?

Lux et Salus
    No. Interesting idea, but no. I'm a religious conservative and the only reason I am opposed to gay marriage is because it is a religious designed bonding between a man and a woman. Civil Unions are virtually the exact same as a marriage, but it does not interfere with religious beliefs. I do not mind the gay lifestyle or the majority of gay people. Nor am I against two homosexuals raising an adopted child.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know why. Gays are already 'legal'. People can no longer discriminate against them in the workplace, school, bars or whatever. There are laws in place already. Haters of gays have no choice but to deal with them in this world. Or keep killing them just because they are gay, to which they face prison or getting killed by other gays. (gays have guns too). The motto should be, don't bother gays, and gays won't bother you.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think my biggest concern is people whose religious beliefs that it is wrong will be painted as some kind of backwoods idiot or homophobe. People have a right to pass their religious beliefs on to their offspring, but then we are compelled to send our kids to public schools where they will encounter the stereotypical gay teacher who does nothing but talk about his gayness all day, and undoing what we teach our children. If the schools would stick to the three R's, I'd have no problem with "legitimizing" the gay lifestyle. But we all know that won't happen. Our kids will run into someone like Perez Hilton, who no matter what he's doing, like judging a beauty contest, has to make everything about him being gay. We all have met people like this. People have a right to be gay. But don't tell us we don't have a right to teach our kids that certain behaviors are wrong.

Thumbs down all you want, I'm just giving you my honest answer about my concerns.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am sorry to disappoint you but nothing will legitimize the gay lifestyle. I don't consider this to be a religious issue. Sure the Bible is against the gays, but if you look at Darwin's theory of evolution, there is no species that could survive where the male and female are not mated to generate offspring. Neither religion or human genetics are for gay unions. This is not democratic, republican, liberal, conservative, religious or atheism, it is plain and simple nature. Nature always wins.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    obama is against gay marriage
    california is against gay marriage

why are you talking about conservatives then

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information