Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    >Aaron<

This Guy That I Like Is Really Weird. ( Kinda Long) sorry =(?

Okay, first off im 17 and hes 16. I'll be 18 in 2 months, well anyways i meet him off Myspace. And let me tell you he is over the board attractive, hes amazing and he is everything that im looking for. Well anyways he and I are both health freaks and work out constantly. He and I both know how it is to lose over 50 pounds and to try and keep it off. Lets just say ( to make the story short) that we have A LOT in common. Well here is the differance between us, im very weathly ( not to brag) and he isn't. He has to work with his dad like ALL the time, and he is a really hard worker. I could tell things started changing when i told him i went shopping and spent $700 dollors just like that. Whereas he doesnt spend much money on clothes, but he does love shopping. I just dont think he has the money too. Well he has been acting really weird to me lately, like if I talk about ANYTHING with money. He wants to change the subject immediately. And last night he poured his heart out to me telling me that he HATES for me talking about all the money i have. That he doesnt come from a family like i do,and that he has to work for everything he gets. So I feel absolutely horrible =;(. I mean i started crying, and i never cry. Idkno my family is very wealthy but i cant help that. Im just born in a family like that. He was ignoring me today on MSN, and it was REALLY rude. And he did last night aswell. He told me that i would be the better one in the relationship because i have money and all that. But he keeped ON and ON telling me how he hates people with a lot of money. I personally think he is jealous, why else would be saying all this crap. I mean this is not the guy i used to like. So he keeped ignoring me today,and i finally wrote him back and said "fine dont write back. I know you have had a really bad week and im sorry. But still that doesnt give you the right to act like a jerk. All i have been is nice to you, and your treating me as if ive done something horrible. So ill talk to you when you have cooled down". Well he write back and tells me that im the biggest asshole he knows and that he cant stand me and blah blah blah. But it did hurt my feelings, i mean we have talked A LOT and we really know each other.

What should i do? Plzz help, cause i still like him a lot. I mean A LOT, he's everything ive always wanted. I dont want to loose him, and hes blocked me from everything. So idkno how to contact him =(

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It sounds like to me, that he is worried that you might not like him since he is so inferior to you financially. Also, this might be a case of a little jealousy, since you did spend $700 shopping and then told him about it, so he probably also thinks that you are rubbing it in his face (which I assume you aren't trying to do).

First of all, does he know exactly how you feel about him? If not, that would be a great place to start. Tell him that you really like him and no matter what, will still like him. Try to get the point across that money doesn't mean anything to you and if you had to, you would give up all of it, just to be with him (that is if you really like him).

Also, have you guys met in person? If you have, then try to sit down and talk to him face to face about it some time. If you haven't seen him yet, then I think you need to try to find someway to get to where he is at, so you guys can actually talk to each other. It will be so different talking face to face than over the internet.

I guess I have never really been in this situation before, so take my input for what it is worth, but I really think that if you like this guy, you need to show him that money is not as important as his friendship/love. And for the sake of love, do not tell him that you spend $700 shopping!!!

Now, I don't know if he will buy it or if he will continue to be upset by the fact that you are rich, and if he is like this, then I think it will be time to let him go, but hopefully he will turn around and accept you for who you are, and stop judging you on how much money you have.

Good luck!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information