Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    jade-artist

Why is Same Gender Marriage So Debated Over?

First thing, I would like to say I am using my parent's account, so please pardon my ignorance. I may be irrational in my opinion.

I don't understand why same-gender marriage isn't allowed. Does it hurt anyone? No, not really. Does it affect anyone in a negative way? Not really. And the important one that is making parents think: Will it be taught in schools? No it won't as Jack O' Connell has confirmed. One thing that I am really angry about is that the opposing party would even dare to put kids in the matter.

So back to the main question: What makes same gender marriage unconstitutional/ illegal? Why would they want to ban it??

You see, this is the first time in history that same-gender marriage has ever had legal standing. Even in ancient Greece, and other cultures when homosexual love was considered a higher love than that of the opposite sex, nobody practiced marriage between the same sex.
    The subject was never even suggested until very recently. So people simply are not ready for it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It changes contracts that were never considered material issues just a generation ago. Example, if you work for a "blue ribbon" health care plan and marry a same gender person. When gay marriages are given the force of law, the health insurance laws are turned upside down from the cost of the employee's premium issue. A certain percentage of unmarried people die and their Social Security benefits end. Not so under a same gender marital law. You are really talking about a lot of dollars in just this limited example of the contractual mush resulting from the same gender marital contract.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It changes contracts that were never considered material issues just a generation ago. Example, if you work for a "blue ribbon" health care plan and marry a same gender person. When gay marriages are given the force of law, the health insurance laws are turned upside down from the cost of the employee's premium issue. A certain percentage of unmarried people die and their Social Security benefits end. Not so under a same gender marital law. You are really talking about a lot of dollars in just this limited example of the contractual mush resulting from the same gender marital contract.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information