Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Should we make laws and create new taxes to slow climate change?

Do we do need to tax free business and create laws on how people should live their lives. Where they can and can't live. How they should utilize their lives and comfort of living. What they should purchase, to just satisfy the ideas others and how they deem humanity to live.
    hmmmm.......sounds like something called Fascism.
    If your ignorant enough to think that if creating taxes and laws for this issue would not interfere with individual freedom, I suggest you check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry, but I don't understand why you're even talking about "climate change" in your question. You could just as well be talking about ANYTHING that governments do. For better or worse, people have chosen to live with government and have given them the power to tax and regulate. That has nothing special to do with climate change. I think what you are is something called an anarchist libertarian, you think that the world would be better off without governments. The government tells us how fast we can drive and how old we have to be to drive, it tells us that we're only allowed to marry certain people and only in binary combinations, it tells us that we can't steal or commit violence (unless it's officially sanctioned), it takes our money to give to other people and other countries, to build infrastructure. It tells us who can broadcast television and radio and what can be said there.

Bringing up climate change and trying to blame it for loss of personal freedom is just a red herring--you had already given those freedoms over to your government--you just don't like it because you think it's going to affect your lifestyle.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for identifying the climate change deception for what it is.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes urge your congresspersons to cap pass and trade.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes. What is important? Your cushy lifestyle or the fate of the Planet?

Here is my answer:

The problem is with Greed of Surplus. If humans would begin living off the land using only what is needed for the day, we would not have so much WASTE of resources.

Look at what we have, huge shopping markets instead of forests. These markets rely on coal burning for electricity to keep a surplus of so-called food that also poisons the body which in turn create health care problems.

Capitalism and consumption have been destroying the Earth since it began, and American capitalism is the worst offender. For some reason this is thought of as progress. Polluting the Earth in order to satisfy our own selfish comforts.

Until humans can get back to basics, using only what is needed on a daily basis in terms of food, clothing, and shelter we are doomed to flooding, spread of disease, extinction of wild life and much more.

I hope gas goes up to 20 dollars a gallon, then people will stop. Raise electrical/gas use to 2000 a month flat rate. The bloated sheep in the West will not stop this destructive behavior unless it hits their precious bank accounts.

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I should have the freedom to go where ever I want and to use whatever I want. First my Fascist neighbor puts up fences so I can't live in his yard. Then the police come tell me that I can't shoot guns in my own back yard -- something about neighbors complaining about noise and bullets. Why should I have to worry about their little Fascist children? -- it's my own backyard! And now these Fascists want to stop me from polluting my own air. It's my air! Who are the Fascists to tell me what I can do with my own air?

I used to think it was the liberals behind it all, now I find out its the Fascists.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh good idea! Lets put tax's on it because that is going to change everything. Lets make it harder on the economy by putting taxes on it!

Good one.

EDIT. lol my bad i thought you were saying we should put taxes on it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Of course the less informed should be told what to do by the smarter people in our society. They just want what is best for all of us...like a kind father steering our lives. into acceptable patterns.

That is what government wants you to think. Global warming does not exist.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree!!

Like do we really need laws to determine what we can and cannot do? If I want to empty my septic tank on Miami Beach and start a fire in a crowded theater, should there be some law to tell me not to? No way! That impinges on my freedoms!

And do we really need ANY taxes? I mean who really cares about things like a working military, transportation, and education?

And yeah, who are they to tell us what we should and should not be able to purchase. If I want to spend my Friday nights driving around drinking moonshine while shooting small nuclear missiles out my window at slow pedestrians, I should be able to! No fascist government is going to tell me that I can't buy the things I need to have a good time!

hmm...

If you are ignorant enough to think that there *must* be a better way to reduce emissions other than some kind of government intervention, I suggest you take a moment to see if you can actually come up with one. I sure as heck can't.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information