Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes ebay is always a good place to look, but if it is not there, dont fret... Just google the heck out of it and you will be surprised at what you may find!!! Also, you may try the local body shops, too...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

95 honda shadow worth 100$ in need of some work?

Im interested in buying a 95 honda shadow from my buddys dad it will be my first bike so i dont want to spend alot on it im paying 100$ and its a great deal it runs but it has a bent fork and handle bars i heard that you can straighten them out with a press and alot of time but i am looking for maybe used or a cheap replacement dont say ebay they didnt have any ... any ideas

bent forks and handle bars usually mean bent or twisted frame, find another one with out these probs and buy both one doner and one rider, its the best way to fully get acquainted with motorcycling and before long you will gain confidence in your ability and knowledge. We all want to save money and buy on the cheap but at 110 kph you want to have total faith in whats under you, you will be convinced of this when you experience you first wobble.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i wouldnt try to straighten those forks. they need to be replaced. depending on what size shadow it is, forks will cost you around $400 and bars around $50 used.

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A bike with bent forks and handlebars is not a great deal; it's a gremlin waiting to bite you. When it does it will hurt, either physically or financially. Especially for a first bike, keep looking.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A proper motorcycle repair shop can likely repair the forks for less than $200.
    A used setup if you can find one will cost at least that much plus the time to instal it as well.

I would repair the ones you have.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information