Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Is there any point in filing contempt charges, what can the judge do and do we

need a lawyer? My step-son's mom is not following the court order. She is suppose to have him back to us by 6pm, she might show up by 8. She is required to bring him to baseball practice and games, she doesn't. She is required to pick him up and drop him off at our residence, she doesn't. She says things like meet me half way, or come all the way to my house or you can't have him until tomorrow. She even went so far as to not pay the ordered child support, which Child Support Services has now issued a warrant for her arrest until she pays all the back support.

His behavior and school work are 1000 times better since my husband got custody, and for a man in the South to get custody, you know she was severely lacking in the parenting department, Now we are in the summer and she gets him every other WEEK. She doesn't seem to care about getting anywhere on time, or getting him to All-Star baseball, which she agreed to, and is required to by the court order.

So, what do we do. We were so happy to get him during the school year full time our lawyer basically told us to be happy to have him every other week in the summer, and move on. But now we don't have the money for a lawyer again, and she is turning this little boys world upside down. We have over 20 instances in the last 3 months that she didn't follow the court order, but what can we do?

Can we file the contempt paper work ourselves? Since Child support services took care of the money part everything else we have isn't monetary, can the judge even do anything?

From the outside looking in it may seem stupid to some, but having to see that little boy say he doesn't want to go to his mom's because then he is late for everything. Or having her pull up 15 minutes after the game starts, when he was suppose to be there an hour before the game, and since he is late he can't play with his team while his dad and I pace for an hour waiting for him, because we called 4 hours ago and she said he would be on time. Or listen to him make excuses on why he thinks his mom is late picking him up this time...or why she never even showed up....it is heart breaking. It is hard on him and us...what can we do?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would file contempt charges by yourselfs if you can find a lawyer in your price range to help you. what she is doing to your son cause he is more yours than hers with the way she treats him and what he loves(baseball). if she truly loved her son she would take him to his activities on time instead of ruining the one true thing that is helping him through this difficult time.

If her actions are damaging the child, you can file for full custody.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    See if you can arrange a payment plan with the attorney who handled the case.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    talk to the child support social worker, guardian ad litem, DCF, or whoever else you can find. I'm sure he wants to play, so she's punishing the child!

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i don't have any legal advice, but i wanted to send you a hug and say bless you. you are a good mom and someday when you see the good man he has become you will know that God gave you purpose in this man's life.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information