Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"NO BUS" reading on my 2000 Chrysler Neon?

Ive been driving for a couple of weeks and just yesterday i was driving and all my guages went all haywire, my gas meter was screwed up, my speedometer wasnt working, my engine cooling guage was not working and my odometer spelt " NO BUS"

what does this mean because everytime my guages go haywire this happens and im just worried its not gonna start when i need to go somehwere.

PLEASE HELP!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The "Bus" is the communication system for the computers on the truck. "No Bus" means that the communication system is not operating. You need a scan tool and a wiring diagram to diagnose why the computers can not talk to each other. It could be a failure of any of the computers engine, ABS, airbag, cluster, overhead, or a wiring issue between the computers.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Since the gauges go dead I'd suggest that the comp that isn't giving any bus communication signal is the body control module=BCM and I'd try another one in its place.I would get either a parts store or shop to scan it for free but my gut says its either a bad connection going to the BCM or the BCM itself is faulty.

Hope that helps and best of luck.By the way the BCM is what controls the gauges and it could have a bad ground or connection but if you go to a U pick auto wreckers they should be sell you one that you take out yourself for about 50 to 100 bucks but make sure that the vehicle you take it out from has the same exact engine and transmission and features , for example if yours has cruise control be sure the other vehicle has it too.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information