Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dont you think its discusting y that the poor man who ONLY threw a pair of shoes at...

...GW in Iraq risks? 15 years in prison... I mean its was only a pair of shoes.
    GW thew a hell of lot more at Iraq

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    He shoulda been instantly shot.

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I absolutely do. He seems to be doing the time for everyone in the world who thought what he did was great. The moral being : Never , ever, make an Arab leader loose face like that!

I can well imagine how his frustration rose to mega levels and he could not control himself any longer when confronted by the verbal garbage being floated at that meeting.

The Americans are always yipping on about Democracy. Perhaps they should persuade Iraq that his punishment be decided by democratic voting in Iraq!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The word is DISGUSTING as in not edible. I am certain he knew the possibilities when he decided to throw is shoes. I thought the USA valued freedom of speech? Its a shame its hard to pin crimes actually committed by high placed officials, then perhaps they could share a cell.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It demonstrates that perhaps people should think a little bit before they make a bad choice. The punishment may not fit the crime, but that's the business of the Iraqi justice system. Under Saddam Hussein I'm pretty sure the guy would have been summarily shot on the spot along with his immediate family for insulting an official from another country who is a guest of their leader. So this guy can perhaps consider himself lucky that they have moderated their punishments to a degree.

I hope this helps.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It demonstrates that perhaps people should think a little bit before they make a bad choice. The punishment may not fit the crime, but that's the business of the Iraqi justice system. Under Saddam Hussein I'm pretty sure the guy would have been summarily shot on the spot along with his immediate family for insulting an official from another country who is a guest of their leader. So this guy can perhaps consider himself lucky that they have moderated their punishments to a degree.

I hope this helps.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    only 15 years???? that's all he getting? lol nah im joking but check it out, because he's poor he only had the shoe to throw, if he had a gun he would have killed a man.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yeah. i get your point but there was more significance to the event than we understand. it is apparently extremely disrespectful and to do it to a foreign dignitary and more particularly to the President of the United States of America was totally unacceptable on this occasion but what was worse was that he damn well missed.

i doubt very much that george wobble u got the message or realised the significance of the act.

having said the right thing i bet there are a lot of people out there who think that he should get a medal and also a lot who are really peed off about the fact that he missed.

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I fully agree- and shoes being disrespectful is true but it is old fashioned and not as significant nowadays, also if someone came in and ruined our country, you would want to do more than throw shoes at them

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    To throw your shoes at someone is considered one of the most disrespectful things you can do in Iraq. Respect means a great deal to that country.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information