Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    atheist

A first cause is impossible. If a first cause is necessary then your god also needed a creator. Where has science ever said a first cause was necessary?

Edit: There is no "supernatural". This word was created to describe mis or non-understood natural occurrences. If it exists it is natural.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    God DID create it. He created the earth in seven days (although, seven days to him could be a million years to us).
    And that's it. He did it.
    Science means NOTHING.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    atheist

My friend, simply because we do not know something, doesn't mean we have to make up an invisible being to explain it.

Say we didn't know how rain happened (as a hypothetical of course, because at one point, we didn't know). People used to say "the rain gods made it happen". Nowadays, we know that it's actually high pressured condensation which then results in precipitation. And the water cycle continues.

Religion was created to solve the unsolvable and answer the unanswerable. That doesn't make it true. Its a fabrication of the mind.

add: You say your "god" is supernatural. Well that just makes you sound like an idiot. Do you believe in Santa? I don't think so... well, at least I hope not. You can never really know with you Christians.

add: You can't say that it MUST have been supernatural. By saying that, you close your mind to all possibilities. You become a narrow-minded, irrational person. And no one wants to deal with you because you will not be swayed. But as atheists, we wait for real, scientific PROOF. There is a lack of proof to the existence of god, except for the bible and "faith." Both of which are spineless arguments.

add: You say magic isn't supernatural, but it actually is. It defies nature, making it supernatural. Keep throwing this idiotic reasoning at us and we will just keep shooting it down.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Church folks say something can't be created out of nothing, and then they smirk in their sleeves.

Yeah well then how did "God" do it?

The natural world does just fine without supernatural and biblical crap.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We can never know if there was a first natural thing. I believe the Universe is eternal, expanding and contracting, living, dying, and being reborn over and over again, by the laws of physics. Life grew on this planet because all the conditions were right, and in a universe as vast as ours, with as many possible planetary conditions that can be, at least one planet capable of sustaining life had to happen. Just because it happened here, with us, doesn't make Earth the center of everything cosmic or metaphysical.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How can there be a debate between knowledge and ignorance? A debate demands actual facts on both sides. Atheism is an absence of facts, which is all you have when you are trying to prove the non-existence of anything.

"Science says that every natural thing must have a cause.'

Unsupported assertion.

"My God wouldn't have needed a creator because he is supernatural, and only natural things need a cause."

Special pleading.

"What the heck do you mean by special pleading?"

It's a logical fallacy.

"My god came from nothing. He has always been, which is possible since he is supernatural."

More special pleading.

PaulCyp: Too bad the burden of proof is on you. And too bad all you have is a straw man of atheism.

The only place that your god exists is in your imagination.

"Science says that every natural thing must have a cause.'

Unsupported assertion.

"My God wouldn't have needed a creator because he is supernatural, and only natural things need a cause."

Special pleading.

"What the heck do you mean by special pleading?"

It's a logical fallacy.

"My god came from nothing. He has always been, which is possible since he is supernatural."

More special pleading.

PaulCyp: Too bad the burden of proof is on you. And too bad all you have is a straw man of atheism.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "Sceince means NOTHING."

That explains a lot. You even misspelled 'science.'

The difference between atheists and theists is that us atheists aren't acting like we know who created the universe. We are waiting for proof.

Edit- Yes, Kalee Jean. I am the idiot because I misspelled "science" and "believe." I wish I would have learned the "i before e" rule. Oh, well.

I'm also the one who claimed science means "nothing" yet, I am still on the computer (science). Oh, this world would be SUCH a better place without science!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information