Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Kira

How to simply make over a office/lounge in a weekend- decorating ideas please!?

Ok, time for a new look...
    The rooms in question are my bedroom and my lounge office area (same area). Mostly the office/lounge room needs some work... This is like a 2nd/3rd lounge room in the house (others arent mine) not a main one so simple with my own little touches (autographs paintings etc..)

I get all inspired to make it better and then... I get stuck in the ideas process! There is a large jarrah workbench which is fixed to one wall, a big tv, few computers (only one in use) cupboards.. one lounge chair... I have heap of autographs which I should do something with.. the walls are blue, like kids room blue - YUK! I dont know if I can paint them though so maybe I should blend the room to dull the walls a bit till I can paint them.

Is there any websites with layout ideas, and simply effective ideas for layouts of room etc.. I need some inspiration from somewhere.

Powered by Yahoo Answers

johnny
    rooms reflect you , so choose something that says here, this is my office !! look for bright colors, nice rug. healthy plants , and get those autographs in order , maybe frame them in one big frame.at least it will cover up that blue paint .

Powered by Yahoo Answers

witty_woman8
    hgtv.com and diynetwork.com are both great resources for layouts and decorating tips. If you can't change the wall color, you can hang big pictures that block most of the wall and use the rest just as a kitchie (sp) border or hide the wall with book shelves filled with items. You said that there are several computers, but only one used... get rid of the extras, if you can. When I purchased my home, there was a hall closet with one of those plastic accordian doors. It was awful. I had no money for a true make over but this is my only linen/ bathroom storage option. No matter what, I could not live with that door. I took it off and found cloth cubes and baskets and have successfully added color to a dark hall that hides my personal items. I tell you this because you can add style with storage containers and still keep the necessary function. Good luck.