Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

long distance military relationships?

My fiance has been in the military for the whole time ive been with him in our relationship he lives many states away im just wondering how have any other military spouses got through the painful distance being so inlove but so far?

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was a military wife. We divorced because of many many stresses, as well as marrying young. 10 years later, we have decided to try again with each other. He has been overseas throughout the entire time since we've reunited. He will not be back for 5 more months. It sucks, but I love him like crazy, and I know, given our history, that we will be able to make it. It will be OK. Communication and displays of love and affection are important. I know it gets really lonely. I'm a single mom trying to do the same thing! But it will be that much sweeter when you're finally able to be together for good!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh please, this isn't an easy task by any means....but to be a military wife...well, you have to be really independent and self sufficient. you must make him feel like you're taking care of everything....that he doesn't need to worry about you or the family, because you have everything under control. my husband has been to Iraq FIVE times, 2 of which while we've been married....he's a green beret which means at anytime he could be in a dangerous situation....doesn't matter how scared you get, how lonely you get, how unappreciatted you feel....you are HIS cheerleader, and remember....things could always be alot worse...for example, right now I miss my husband so bad, and our 14 month old son is missing out on so much....but who cares, because at least i have the opportunity to still miss him...at least he hasn't lost his life over there yet....and i still have hope of him coming home and getting our lives back in order. Please, if you're considering this lifestyle....keep in mind you should always put your soldier 1st!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information