Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Molinet painting of woman with what appears to be a violin or guitar?

I recently purchased a painting of a woman who has dark, tie-back hair. She is wearing a black, lacy dress that appears to be one sleeved. She has her left hand to her chest and she is holding what appears to be a violin to her chest in the other. The name "Molinet" is signed in the bottom right corner. This painting appears very old. The canvas is stapled to the frame of the interior (there is no actual frame), I think it is canvas and possibly oil paint, and it appears to be an original although I could be wrong.

Does anyone know anything about this artist or this particular painting, or where I could get some direct info about either of them? I have tried "askart" and a few other sites and couldn't find anything...

Thanks in advance!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did a web search of the mane and came up with several; Richard a graphics artist, Juan who does comic art of a sort, and Jean a interesting old painter. I would suggest a digital photo and see if Sotheby's can help you. You might be on to something. Good luck.

Unregistered

Re: Molinet painting of woman with what appears to be a violin or guitar?

My mother has the same painting! My father found it in the 80's. It is in an old brown wooden frame that my parents never changed. I found this because I was doing a search on the name. Is she leaning towards the violin? She's looking downwards, the portrait is frrom the chest upwards, sideview, she has long lashes, almost sad expression on her face. She looks Spaniard, so I always thought. She has dangle earrings if I'm not mistaken. It sounds like the same painting. I could never find any information on the artist and I have been looking for years. May I ask, where did you purchase this painting?

Unregistered

I have this same painting. I got it today for my birthday but I know that it has been hanging in an antique store in Burlington, KY for at least a year prior to today. If you find anything please post and i will do the same.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have the same or similar painting.
    Posted at
    home.comcast.net/~dinoff/art/Molinet.JPG
    Has anyone ever found any information on this?

lizzful

I just acquired the same painting from a 70's home being remodeled. Since I have a Mexicam motif going on in my home in Florida, it was perfect along with a matador painting (same size canvas, etc) that seems to be by the same artist. I asked an antique dealer/appraisor if it was of any value and she said it wasn't
    but I'd still like to know its origins. Any help would be appreciated.

christinw4343

I have it too, My parents got it from my Uncle in Nj, I love it, is it worth anything? I actually have a picture of it on my facebook, I wish I knew how to post it on here. My face book is under Christine White North Port Fl It is a Mandolin she is holding i belive.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I could never find any information on the artist and I have been looking for years. May I ask, where did you purchase this painting?i actually have a picture of it on my facebook, I wish I knew how to post it on here.
    Recently, spandex suit have become a special development within fashion culture. Zentai, in Japanese, signifies full body. Hence, lycra bodysuits are simply skin tight zentai suits that are worn to flatter someone's allure to the fullest extent. Consequently tight fitting zentai suit readily take the specific form of one's body when you wear them.

nicklesworth

Very beautiful woman holding small guitar in her right hand touching her forehead with nice fingernails and a ring on her third finger.-She has an earing the shape of a house in her left ear.... her hair is tied in a ponytail with a red band and she is wearing a black lace idunno--her left hand seems to be holding it up as she is touching her heart. I was told by a friend that this woman is like Charo. Iforgot the name he used exactly, She is supposed to be basically....man toy!!

Unregistered
    damn i have the same painting been hanging in my living room for years ,i reallt doubt its worth much guys or it wouldnt be hanging in all our homes unless someone has the original of it and can prove it ,the others would just be copies but sometimes reprints are worth something ,but like most art it the painter is still living its prob not worth a whole lot wish it was lol,she is sexy tho isnt she lol

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information