Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    xx-Rhee-xx

my puppy keeps whining when we leave her alone what can i do to stop her from whining????

My puppy Peppa is about 10weeks old and when ever we go inside during the day and night time when we r all asleep she whines n scratches at the back door wat can i do to prevent it we have tried ingnoring her but it just doesnt work she just whines even more wat can i do ??? also she does have fleas but i have given her a flea bath and she is wearing a flea collar the fleas dont seem to b there n she hasnt been scrating much ether. plz help
    Peppa is an outside dog we cant really bring her in cause we have two cats the younger cat is fine with the puppy but our 14yr old cat doesnt lyk it to much i juz need to no what i can do to stop her from whining at night so that i can sleep at night as well as her cause she doesnt sleep at night which makes her sleep during the day then she wont sleep at night again

Powered by Yahoo Answers

brenda
    take her with you

Powered by Yahoo Answers

trolling_for_fundies
    I tend to always have two dogs, and I have never had a HUGE problem with seperation anxiety.

Seperation anxiety is a common problem, and there are several methods you can use to cure it. The easiest is probably to crate train.

Powered by Yahoo Answers

popeyes_belle
    You might try using a pet taxi or a crate. We have 2 new dogs that we are using crate training on, but they are inside the house. However, we have made their crates their "rooms". There is a nice comfy blanket in there and a bone to chew on. And when they were very little, they even had a stuffed toy. They seem to be content when left alone. It gives them the sense of security, like being in a den. We also cover our crates with an old sheet and I think it helps them to feel comforatable. Other than that, every dog that I've ever owned has cried when left alone. It will stop as the dog gets older and gets used to your routine. Good luck!

Powered by Yahoo Answers

Falan F
    I agree, crate training would probably be better than leaving her outside. Partly because a crate is a lot smaller than a big back yard and after a while the crate makes the dog feel safe and they will want to go in at night. Also, they won't get fleas from inside the crate. As for the fleas, flea colors really aren't the best for getting rid of fleas and some vets even say that they aren't all that safe. You could get some cream from a vet and that works better. If you chose to crate train get your dog a special stuffed toy and stick it in their with them. My dog has a special "baby" that she has to sleep with every night or she won't go to sleep. Just play with your options and good luck to you.

Powered by Yahoo Answers

aliqu2002
    Give her a stuffed bear, if she not a chewer ( make sure there isnt anything on it she can choke on like glass or button eyes) and dont make a fuss over her as your leaving. Ive owned many dogs and the best advice I was ever given was this is not a child its a dog and they need to have an alpha to look up to or they take over the job. If your rule is that the pup is not going to sleep with you than thats the rule and eventually she will get it. Loving your dog means teaching them whats expected of them, it makes them happy and u happy.

If you dont plan on having her inside find her another home. Dogs are pack animals and become anxsious and will become habitual. Like whining, digging, barking and any other distructive bad behaviour they can think of. It is not fair to the dog or to your family.

Powered by Yahoo Answers

Patti M
    Hi. Peppa is only 10 weeks old and looking to you to be her "mommy". Dogs are part of the "wolf pack" and she is probably looking for her siblings and looking to you to "take her inside" and let her be with you. Crate training is terrific and gives the puppy a secure place to be....no fleas, no loneliness and she will sleep like a baby. Puppies get use to their humans scent and they want to be next to you...especially when they are so young. It's a GREAT thing that she is crying for you. Please don't igore the little thing....she is really trying to show you how much she LOVES you and wants to be with you. I know lots of people say to ignore then, but please don't listen to them. Puppies are absoluately wonderful and she will grow up to be a secure & happy dog if you put all the time & patience in training her now. Petco or Petsmart or Kmart, Walmart, etc...all have crates that you can buy to help you out during her baby hood. Just put the crate next to your bed and put a blanket around 3 sides leaving the front door open.....for her to see out....she will get the warmth she needs and the security she needs...by learning that you are there if she needs you. Her flea problem will go away once inside the crate in the house. The flea collars dont really do much good, because the fleas just move to other places on the puppy & she gets miserable from scratching. If you put blankets in the crate and a water dish (attach to the side of the crate) and put a few soft, plush stuffed animals inside the crate...she will have tons of company & love you for it. She will also get use to the house rountines, your coming & going, what is expected of her, when she gets to eat, when she gets to go outside etc. Crate training is one of the best ideas, especially for puppies. It helps with teaching them potty training as well. They do not like to go in their crate, so they will try and hold it as long as possible so they can go outside where you want them to go. I wish you all the best and I'm sure you & your new puppy will have a wonderful life together. Enjoy her puppyhood and know that you now have a new best friend for your lifetime. Many blessings, Patti