Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    GOAUSSIE

Can you have an indoor & outdoor cat, or once they go out do they winge & whine to go out all the time.?

I have a 6 month kitten. De sexed and vaccinated. I would like her to be an indoor cat but everytime I go to the door she tries to get out. I have let her out when I was there for about 15 mins, was this my downfall?

Powered by Yahoo Answers

wiemercats
    Is she an only cat? Sounds lonely and bored. You may try to take her outside to play more often if you can. They do make harnesses for cats ,and since she is still young she may tolerate it. All my cats come both in and out at will, but I have land, so they are safe from traffic. Good luck

Powered by Yahoo Answers

Jessie
    Its instinct to try get out. I doubt that letting her out for 15 minutes did any harm at all. I think its good for cats to get out a little if at all possible. Of course under strict supervision. Your kitten is young and wants to explore. Maybe distract her with a toy or a treat when you are at the door.

Powered by Yahoo Answers

Gin
    I've had the same problem for 9 years. I adopted a neighborhood kitty after he was hit by a car. I was told he could NEVER live outdoors again because of health problems caused by his accident. I have found that if I keep windows uncovered (so he can see out) and grasses purchased at a pet store (for him to munch on) it is not so bad. But I totally ignore him, and never punish him when he whines to go out. It seems to work pretty well.

Powered by Yahoo Answers

kristen m
    my cat scratches the door to get outside but hes only allowed out during the day, when the sun goes down there are too many cats awake and looking for trouble, also he is more likely to get hit by a car in the dark. if u do let him out i would say for the rest of his life only let him out during the day. also i would wait until hes maybe a year old and more mature, not so easily distracted to where he might get lost

Powered by Yahoo Answers

scruffy_scirocco
    It's an unalterable fact of life: A cat is ALWAYS on the wrong side of the door.