Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Is our culture making teens and children ungrateful and unappreciative?

Or do you think children and teenagers truly don't realize everything there parents do for them until they are out on their own, even caring for their own children one day?

Because I always answer on this section, and it just seems like parents are always being attacked, its like they don't truly see how much they do to support them. (Just my view)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i think so, i'm a teenager and i always try to say thank you and please and such to my parents, always appreciating them, asking for as little as possible. I just see so many kids in my age range, so many teenagers, who just argue and argue about what they're not being given, they don't realise that they're given everything, they they're so lucky to even live in this kinda world, a developed country where there are so many good ways to live, and so many things life has to offer, it could be so much worse, but teens don't care, cause in this perfect world, everyone's a spoiled little brat, constantly complaining about life, talking about how emo they are when they have no idea how good they have it, how good we have it. Its ridiculous, over half the population lives under the poverty line in places like africa and asia, and alot of the time, they're happy to make less then a dollar a day, we however.. complain if we didn't get the cereal we wants, or whatever, its dumb, and its ignorant. People here, especially teens, are so dam self centered its disgusting. Even my friends... i've heard them talking about suicide cause their parents made them go to school when they had a tummy ache, wtf? some kids would literally kill to get an education, especially one as easy as ours. Teens often really have nothing to complain about, when they're given everything, they forget how good their lives are, and they just decide, i want more, i want more, blahblahblahblah.

my sister, she was such a brat, she yelled at my mom EVERY day, and was all like "THERE NO MILK MOM, NO MILK! GO GET SOME" (my mom would say no, its early in the morning, she'll do it later) "MOM, YOUR STARVING YOUR OWN CHILDREN, WHATS WRONG WITH YOU!?" uggh, i could have slapped her sooooo hard if i wasn't so young at the time, she still asks for things all the time, complains about everything, she has such a spoiled life its unbeleivable!

some people, uggh, some of them are so stupid, they're never thought that hey, i can eat every day, i can get a job if i want, i have an education, i can read! i can shower whenever i want, wash my hands with clean water, i'm a lucky person. its sickening, so i hear you when you say that they don't realise how lucky they are, i'm in the age group, so i hear people bitching about their lives alll the time!

in result, i try to be thankful, i don't like being like them..... makes me nautious.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think we as teens and children really are not appreciative of the things we have
    we always want our parents to meet our demands & we want things our way or no way at all. I think society today is emphasizing independence and we are just jumping on that bandwagon & we think that we can do things on our own but then we realize that we do need our parents and their help & support b/c at the end of the day, we are just kids and teenagers and we don't know all there is about life and all and we really need our parents' wisdom & guidance
    my opinion

Most of those questions come from anger. The people asking them really do love their parents. They're just angry, so they only mention the negative things about their parents.

But the basis of their attitudes towards things are often results of how they were raised. Some were just handed everything they ever wanted, and the sad thing is- those kids will grow up and not enjoy or appreciate the simple, small things in life.

Unregistered

teens these days

I think children and teenagers truly don't realize everything their parents do for them until they are out on their own, even caring for their own children one day. I'm sure some teenagers are grateful to their parents, but the vast majority just get mad at them, and are so ungrateful for what their parents have given them. Teenagers do not really appreciative all of the things they have; we always want our parents to meet their demands & they want things their way or no way at all. I think society today is emphasizing independence and they are just jumping on that bandwagon, and they think that this means they can do things on their own, and do whatever they want. They need to realize that this rebellious attitude is not beneficial, and they need to realize that they do need their parents and their help & support at the end of the day. I'm not saying that they are all horrible, but a lot of teens are extremely ungrateful of all the sacrifices and everything their parents have given them.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information