Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What happens if you run way from a U.S Draft by the military?

What happens if you run way from a U.S Draft by the military?
    I heard that you have your citizenship taken way and you not let back in america my brother says that's stupid all they do when you leave the state and return is they just put you in jail. And that's it,But my father said that when you leave the state on a draft you have your citizenship taken away from you as well as being put in jail when you return my question is who is right?
    Hey guys tell me who is more right me my brothe or my father? we all want to know.
    Guys take it easy its just a debate we just want to know who is more right? just take a side thats want I am looking for and will faovrite and it does not have to be mine the rest of you guys lol.

Probation Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    theirs a draft i got to stop smoking this chronic

Well first of all there isn't a draft anymore. So it's a moot point.

But back when there was a draft, during the Viet Nam War, lots of guys didn't want to go. I had friends who moved temporarily to Canada, and others who simply didn't show up for their Army physical when they were called up, or who went to the physical and told them they weren't going. NONE of them were punished in any way. They were threatened, but nobody went to jail or lost their citizenship.

A good friend of mine, ended up being my roommate, had the balls to go to his physical and say "I'm not going." They held him in a room for 45 minutes, then brought him into a wood-paneled office where an Army officer in full uniform sat. They said "Tell him what you told us." The officer browbeat him for about ten minutes, telling him he could go to jail for 20 years, he could get a felony record and never be able to work or own a gun, stuff like that. (He didn't threaten him with losing his citizenship. I don't think they can do that.) Then they let him go home. A month later he got notice that the charges against him had been dropped. And after the war there was a general amnesty for all draft resisters.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nothing now since Carter gave all the draft dodgers amnesty, and there has not (and, short of WWIII, will not be) a draft since then.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information