Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is running a rejects sport?

OK, first off, i love running ir un college XC so im not a hater but it seems to me that most good runners (that i know) are kids who got cut from their no. 1 sport.

For me, i played baseball up until junior year in HS where i was not getting much playing time so i quit and joined track and then joined XC as a senior becasue i loved it so much and was good at it.

Im not trying to put down running....im just saying.

Probation Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well...nah I think there are people like me who always loved running(I always wanted to race when I was little and I would always win sprints in elementary school even though I run distance now). But there are also lots of people who are rejects from other sports.

I think the reason there are rejects is because running is such a tough sport that most people don't willingly want to do it. But when they fail at something else, or maybe they want to get in better shape for something else, they get used to it and find that they like it/are good at it.

I mean I'm sure you know most people HATE running and view it as punishment in other sports, so that pretty much explains it. I feel like you have to get to a certain level of mental toughness before you can really be a runner. Like only the toughest, grittiest basketball player can truely be a runner. Most just don't have the heart or desire to run for the sake of running, they are only motivated by the crowd and glory if their sport....and I guess if I had a choice I would be an NBA player, but my talent is running so I'm running in college next year and I quit basketball after my sophomore year.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information