Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

If Conservatives r so concern about Islam why was Saudi Arabia allowed to buy...

...into US Corporations = Fox News?
    Big Buys By Saudi Prince
    He invests in Netscape, News Corp., Motorola
    Jon Swartz, Chronicle Staff Writer

Wednesday, November 26, 1997

The billionaire Saudi Arabian investor who overnight became Apple Computer Inc.'s second-largest shareholder is at it again with a new spate of high-tech and media acquisitions worth $846 million.

Saudi Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal yesterday said he has purchased 5 percent of Netscape Communications Corp., nearly 2.5 percent of Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. and 1 percent of Motorola Inc.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't speak on behalf of all conservatives, but I think you are stereotyping all conservatives as against any religion except for Christianity. Am I concerned about radical muslims that want to wage a jihad against us? You bet. Am I concerned about radical Christians who want to wage another Crusade? Again, you bet. Am I concerned with the average Muslim/Christian/Jew/Buddhist/(pick any religion you want) just looking to make a living? Not in the least.

Not sure what you mean by US Corporations =FoxNews.

You have very little understanding of how the world works. You name 2 public companies. Anyone can buy stock in any company they want. No one "let" them.

I doubt you will understand what I wrote so ask an adult. In trying to make conservatives look bad you have exposed yourself as a moron.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Saudi Arabia is conservative, and so are US Conservatives. The American Consevative Taliban isn't concerned with Islam other than as a tool to unite their small minded minions. This makes perfect sense and is a terrific fit.

Edit- I don't support these links but they provide info on this question. Saudis do own part of FOX.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    News corp. and Motorola are public companies. Anyone can buy shares on the open market.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    it's a free enterprise. they can buy our stuff and we can borrow from them. we are very good at borrowing. it will be our downfall

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Link please

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Newscorp is publicly traded, professor.

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As long as the U.S. has diplomatic ties with a country, there is no prohibition against companies doing business with Saudia Arabia. In fact, Saudi Arabia is considered to be one of the U.S.'s strongest allies in the Middle East (whether it is in fact or not, is a topic for another discussion).

The government does not (yet) regulate with whom companies can do business, other than countries with whom the U.S. is at war. You are aware, are you not, that General Electric (GE) was doing business with Iran until just recently, despite the known fact that Iran was supplying Islamic insurgents with the materiel to build IEDs?

When the government has complete control over business, from end to end, do you know what that's called? Communism!

they love money more.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information