Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

my fish tank water level?

i have quite a big fish tank with to happy little goldfish in it. the level of the water is just below half way and im worried, i want to increase the level of my water safely. how can i do this without upsetting any of my fish? im new to fish
    its actually alot below halfway

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You should increase the water level to almost to the top maybe about 3 inches lower then the top glass. Having a tank with too low water level will speed up dirt and bacteria in the water and it greatly reduces the amount of movement fish should be having. If you are going to put more water in the tank do so very slowly. Pour the water in a part of the tank where there are no fish. Pouring the water in the tank should be done slowly mainly to stop the dirt from the bottom of the tank making a mess. If the water does get dirty due to pouring the water don't worry it will settle. Other then that good luck with your new fish and i'm sure they will live for a long time. Just one other thing, don't over feed your fish! It's the most common mistake lots of people make. I would recommend you feed them once a day only a small pinch. Good luck.
    10 years of keeping tropical fish

You should fill the tank with water to just where the black strip of plastic on the top of the tank so that the fish have more room to swim and fish get their oxygen from the water.

You should fill the tank with water to just where the black strip of plastic on the top of the tank so that the fish have more room to swim and fish get their oxygen from the water.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information