Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    whereisnathan
    what is a "atwo".

Powered by Yahoo Answers

pregnantwithheartburn
    Give them things to do, involve them in what your doing, if your folding the washing let them have a go at the tea towels or something alittle easier, if you go to the shops give them a grocery list of their own with 1 or 2 items on it & make them feel important and needed. Little things like that can make a day thats boring seem really exciting for a two year old.

Powered by Yahoo Answers

lstotch
    Don t make him stop, he could become the next " James Blunt" or "Howie Day" ...

Powered by Yahoo Answers

Cort-man
    Obvioiusly, love him but that alone will probably not solve the problem. My wife had a great idea (that I think she learned in school) to have a "naughty wall". Make him/her sit on it whenever he/she disobeys you. If he/she continues to whine after you ask him/her to stop, put him on the naughty wall for two minutes (a minute for each year of age). Works for us at home, malls, grocery stores, etc. We have even pulled over while driving and had "naughty dirt".

Powered by Yahoo Answers

corrupted_bunny
    If you have a playpen still, sit the child in the playpen at the first whine and tell them that as soon as they can speak nicely they can come out...then walk away (not too far because you want them to see you "busy" until they start talking nicely). If no playpen, you can use the bottom step of the stairs to sit them down or a kitchen chair... whereever works. This is a modified time out letting them know the behavior is unacceptable but it also places them in control of how long it goes on. Stand your ground, don't give in...if they get up, sit them back down. The first few times are hard as the child is pushing the limits to see if you will back down...it's a battle of wills that you have to win.

Consistency is the key. If your child knows exactly what is going to happen each and every time they whine and it doesn't change from time to time...soon they will stop whining because it gets them nowhere.

Powered by Yahoo Answers

qmbog1
    tell them one time that you will no longer talk to them if they whine. You will only acknowledge them when they speak as a 2 year old not a baby. I did it and it works. As long as they whine ignore them or remind them to speak and not whine in order to be listened to. When they speak correctly , listen well.

Powered by Yahoo Answers

dale621
    sit them in a time out chair for 2 minutes and tell them that when he can tell you what he wants without whining then he can come out but if he starts whining again put him back in there alot of kids will have theses fits to get what they want and if its not stopped now it will only get worse , bring your self to the childs level (geton your knees ) and talk to him making sure you use words that he can understand adn let him know that mommy dont like when he whines and if he wants something he has to ask for it without whining , the other thing is if its something the child shouldnt have explain to him why he cant have it never say because i said so , if its something that you cant afford to get him then try to make a reward system and tell him if he does this adn that that he will get this in the end ie a star chart tell him when the stars reach a certain point on the chart he can get that special toy or treat ,