Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

750 miles on a suzuki GS500?

So next week my boyfriend and I are going to texas from IL to visit my grandpa, and to save money on gas (and because both our cars are crap) we are taking his bike. Is this totally idiotic? What should we expect?
    PS This is a 750 mile trip or 12 hours

Honda & G35_Tuner
    That is going to be really uncomfortable and probably borderline dangerous. Your driving 750 miles with 2 people on a bike? interesting. Those seats are not comfortable on long rides so you'll definitely be making a lot of stops, which means 12 hrs isn't so likely. Plus being the second person on a bike for any longer then an hour gets annoying and really uncomfortable. If your just one person on a bike it would be fine, but i wouldn't recommend doing two riders on one bike for that long. Plus on the trip from TX to IL you'll encounter a lot of truckers and fast drivers which probably wont be as bad as all those bugs and debris that will be coming at you lol. I would recommend just taking one of the cars, give it a tune up and give it a rest every 2-3 hours of driving. It would be safer then going on a bike that long.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information