Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What's better Civilization 3 or Civilization 4?

I have civ 3 and its a great game in all, but i really want civ 4 but i need to know if its the same length as civ 3 and want all is new in it, and if i buy warlords does it include the full civ 4 game and the bonus material?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    civilization 4 plays differently than civ 3, so keep that in mind. No longer can you spam cities to victory, each city has a upkeep cost, unless your under the state property civic(will talk about civics in a minute), so if you build too fast, your work yourself into debt.

No longer are temples and churches that of some generic religion. There are separate religions in the game. They are all the same on the surface for PC reasons, but each has their own temples and churches. If you and one civ have the same religion, it helps, but there will be a divide between the two if your religion is different.

There's more civilizations, buildings, resources, and government has been revamped into a "Civic" system. Instead of having preset governments to pic and choose from, you have separate categories for each section of government, such as legal system, the government itself, economy, religion, etc. Basically, you can create your own government, each civic has its own advantages and disadvantages, and what works one time, may not work another.

Overall, its a great game, even better than civilization 3, and I'd recommend the site, civfantics for information.

And no, warlords does not include the full civ 4 game, although I do think they have a pack that includes all expansion packs.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information