Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    # Me <3

When you cook egg and bacon do you use the same oil ,?

Like ive just cooked bacon , and now im going to cook egg , but do i keep the same oil in the pan , because i did yesterday and it went all foamy :S ?
    Pleaseee helpp x

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I always grill my bacon and cook my eggs in olive oil. Much healthier and keeps tastes separate.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I cook my eggs and bacon separately (my bacon in the microwave and eggs on a griddle or in a skillet). You can cook them in the same oil, you want to drain the oil. Your eggs might look brown though.

My wife and others I know think the greatest thing in the world is to cook eggs in the bacon fat of just cooked bacon. I totally dislike it because of too much fat, often too hot, and dirty all over the eggs. I prefer a small amount of oleo, butter or oil in a non-stick pan for the eggs. I can cook bacon in a pan, but much prefer to microwave bacon on about 3 paper towels to drain the excess fat away.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    you can use the same fat as what the bacon rendered. Toss most of it, just saving a little. and keep the temp down to medium.

I use sprays or a tap of butter, oil adds too much fat and calories.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't use oil for either of them. I just throw them on a hot skillet and start cooking them as is. I've never even heard of anyone using oil for that. Bacon is greasy enough, and eggs don't sound like it would be good with oil in them.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I love eggs cooked in bacon fat. You have to reduce the temperature quite a bit, but what flavor!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    if you enjoy the flavor but the the discoloring of the eggs, change the pan and use only the bacon grease that is on top and the bottom dripping.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I much prefer to use separate pans. When you have cooked your bacon it leaves the pan dirty which then gets all over the eggs and does not look the least bit appealing. Plus eggs are so

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information