Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Should Cash For Clunkers be renamed to the Toyota Salesman Commissions Act?

My salesman that sold me the gorgeous new all wheel drive Toyota Venza said he took a week off in July but sold 24 cars anyway.

When I took back the car Saturday to get the inspection sticker he said the Toyota/Scion dealer was down to just 51 unsold new cars.

Since Ford, GM and Chrysler COMBINED totalled just 47 percent of sales, the majority going to Japanese brands, maybe we should rename CARS the Toyota Salesmen's Commissions Act.

Since 4 of the top 5 sellers were Japanese brands. Yes they are built in America. BY NON UNION WORKERS. Not lazy United Auto Workers slugs.

1. Aren't conservatives all about free trade and the right to buy whatever you want?

2. A HUGE number of Japanese companies manufacture their cars in the US. Toyota pickups, Nissan pickups, Camrys, Accords, etc. all made in the US... by AMERICANS, many of whom had been laid off by one of the big three previously!

3. Each one of those cars bought keeps an American-owned and run car dealership in business; keeps food on the table of an American salesman; and provides jobs to American mechanics.

Uhm, Toyotas and Hondas are built IN the US using AMERICAN workers, too...DUH!!!!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    obama has hoisted himself on his own petard...he wanted to pay off unions,but no ones buying Their crap...thats why the program will soon end...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I understand Korean owned KIA is doing pretty well too.

THanks Obama for helping American companies (Sarcasm).

Toyota and Honda plant workers in the US are protected by the UAW. The best-selling Toyota (the Corolla) is made in a plant in Ohio with some of the most worker-friendly bargaining agreements in the US.

Also, if $30/hour is too much to ask for auto workers, I'm not sure how they're supposed to survive.

It should be called "your kid just subsidized my new car"

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, the Dems tried to put "buy American" restrictions in the program, but the Reps made them take it out. If they had put it in, I guess you'd have been happy with all those people in Kentucky losing their jobs. How dare they work for a non-US company? Let's unemploy all the Americans working for the 800 some non-US companies here in America. That should really help the economy!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No. Republicans are mad that they can't come up with clever ideas that serve regular Americans.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What is your question?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information