Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am debating whether or not should i go to college this year?

i graduated from high school this year, and wanted to go to college but everyone keeps on scaring me, telling me that i will fail and embarrass everyone and now i am so worried that i'll fail, is college that bad?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I say go for it and prove everyone wrong, and show others as well as yourself that you can not only make it in college but you can be a successful person. I was the first one in my family to go to a 4 year University. I now have my Bachelors degree and I will be finishing my master's degree on May 15, 2010. As far as college being hard...Well it's not like high school. You really have to be mentally focused on learning the material and studying. You might only be in class an hour at a time but for each hour of class time you will need to study 2-3 hours for that class. For example if you have 5 classes you will need to take time out of your week to study 2-3 hours for each class. Find friends who are willing to help you in college and not just want to party or skip class all the time. My friends partied too much and now I am the only one with a degree. So my advice is start school as soon as you can. Most people that I talk to that waited regret the fact that they did. So go for it and be prepared to do your best. Good Luck

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, if you'll fail this year, you'll also fail next year, so why wait?

tahriri2002
    I think at least you are more experienced and will learn from your mistakes,so why be scared of something which could help you be ready for next year in case you fail!!!

NewFacet
    College is not that bad. Everyone is nervous when they go. I am in my third year of college, and it is not that much more difficult. It is simply different, not really more difficult. In college you feel more free, you may go to class whenever you choose, you may make your own decisions, customize your schedule more so that you are taking classes that truly interest you. And let me tell you, when you are in classes you have chosen out of interest and not because you have to take them, you do much better in them! Stay motivated and strong; you can do it!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information