...while they are driving? Here, so far, we told him to spend the rest of the day on his bed, and explained that it was dangerous because it could cause an accident and never do it again, and another day for the lie he told by saying he was trying to throw the water balloon at his friend, instead of just saying sorry.

Just curious... what would the punishment be in your house?
Yup I could just see those water ballons splashing under the tires.. had to giggle to myself, lol
Des: He's 10.. and I did tell him that if I could find the car owner he would have to apologize, but I have no way of knowing... and the ticker was that, I was at work, he was home with hubby, and I get this phone call with hubby screaming telling me about it..... while I'm checking out a police officer (I work at a Dr Office)... who I asked to get on the phone to talk to my son, but the officer said "no, he did much worse than that as a kid and just punish him and be done with it!" The whole thing was ironic. And , if he was throwing snowballs at cars he would have been in much worse trouble, I'm glad we caught it with bowling water balloons.