Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Are there too many fish in my tank?

I have recently been bought a 27litre fish tank as well as a few fish, I just want to know, are their too many fish in my tank? There are: 2xGuppies, 1xSilver Shark, 1xRuby Shark, 5xGold x-ray tetras, 4xNeon tetras, 1x Silver molly, 2x Gold mollies and very recently, 53xBaby mollies. (The babies are being put into my dad's 4ft aquarium). So not including the babies, will I need to put more of the fish into my dad's aquarium?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Way too many fish, and some of those fish will outgrow that tank or be stunted. I would definitely put a lot of them in your dad's aquarium, mainly that shark. I would also get a small tank to keep the babies in so they aren't eaten.

well, ur suppose to only have 1 inch fish for every 1 gallon tank. so it seems like u have a good amount when you get rid of the babies.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i think u should make sure if all of the fish that u put in ur tank will get along. and i say that becuz some fish dont get along with others. like for example the fighting fish. they FIGHT so anyways. if it doesnt look like there is enuff space for them then move some over to ur dad's. see if they have enuff space to swim. :]

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As a general rule, keep your tank limited to 1 inch of fish for every gallon it will hold.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thats not as bad as me i have a to litre tank with 1 sucker fish , over 100 guppies ..including babies and 5 snails

a 27 seven littre tank whith a heater, thermomiter, airstone, gravel, plants and decoratoins is more like 23 litres.
    silver sharks grow to 24 inches, rubies 6,
    if you have one male and one female mollie he will force her to breed so often she will die of stress and exaustion, the rule is 1 male to every 3 females, but you should really only have two males if you arent gonna take care of the babies. you also shouldnt cross breed mollies, 25% of the babies will have birth deffects.
    tanks that small are extremely difficult to maintain and the i inch of fish per gallon rule doesnt apply here. get rid of the silver shark and buy a minimum of a thirty gallon tank for the other fish. you can keep the smaller one for raising some of the babies., or you could just return everything, do some research, and decide later what you want to do.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    get rid of some then

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information