Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

how do i start a home business cooking?

My husband is a contractor so in the winter work is really slow, especially around Christmas. Normally we save money from the summer to pay our bills and we buy Christmas gifts early (Sept) so it's not a big problem. But since the economy is slow we've barely gotten by this summer and I know we won't be able to pay our bills this winter. We're expecting another baby in January so me getting a part time job is out of the question. I'm a good cook and I'm pretty creative so I considered making some of the things you see in gifts sets like the decorative jars w/all the dry ingredients for cookies or the small gift bags w/homemade hot cocoa mix. Do you think I could make enough extra money to go through the trouble and how do I get started selling something like this? Any advice is appreciated and greatly needed. Thank you.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Health regulations restrict home cooking. Perhaps we need to address this to Obama.
    Even if you have a garage sale , sales tax is assessable.
    Sales is no problem, Networking takes care of it.

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    here are many home business options for people who love to cook.

There are many home business options for people who love to cook. Have a look at these ideas, and see which one is right for you.

As a personal chef, you would be able to plan and prepare meals for your clients according to their dietary needs and requests. This would be a wonderful service to offer to those that do not have the time and who enjoy the convenience of having someone take care of their meals for them.

Love cooking for large groups of people? If that is the case, you will want to look into starting your own catering business. You can prepare food for weddings, birthdays and family reunions, just to name a few events. On a smaller scale, you could cater business meetings.

Direct Sales is a super easy way to start a home business. For people who enjoy cooking, there are several options. You can sell mixes that will help people save time preparing meals for their family or preparing foods for entertaining. You could also sell kitchen equipment that will make food preparation much faster and simpler or containers to store people’s favorite foods and spices.

You could provide a lunchtime delivery service to local businesses and offices. Make a menu and price list of the foods you plan to offer and distribute to businesses local to you. Next, either call their offices, or have them call you to take orders every day at lunchtime. Then prepare and deliver the items that were ordered.

Cake baking and decorating is another business option. You can take orders for cakes for birthdays, weddings, anniversaries. There are a number of possibilities here.

Are you a whiz at baking cakes, treats, French or maybe Italian food? You could make a great business for yourself teaching cooking classes in your home or at school. There are also several online sites where you could write a course on how to prepare certain foods.

If you like baking and also love animals, making dog biscuits and other homemade animal treats would be perfect for you. The treats you prepare can be marketed online to vet’s offices, kennels, crafts fairs, and other places as your business expands.

If you are a gardening guru, you could make your own jams and jellies. You could also make pickles, salsas and spaghetti sauces. These could be sold at crafts fairs, farmer’s markets and local grocery stores.

Want to help people save a ton of money with their grocery budget and a lot of time in the kitchen? You could teach people about Once a Month Cooking. Help your client make a list of meals for the month, do the shopping or have them do the shopping for all the ingredients needed. You may then prepare the meals in your home or theirs.

Gift Baskets are another business that would be a great fit for someone who likes to cook. You could put together baskets of baked goods, candies, and jar mixes. You are only limited by your imagination.

Good luck with whatever you choose for your new business endeavor.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information