Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

which one is better - aprilia rs-50 or the yamaha tzr-50?

hello, which bike would be better for a first bike aprilia rs-50 or the yamaha tzr-50. which one do YOU thnk is better and which one would you recomend, give reasons to support your arnswer.

if their are any bike fanatics that read this please could you try arnswer my questions?

1.cost of a new bike (bike alone, nothing else with it)
    2.cost of tax, m.o.t, insurance and everything else you would need apart from headgear (both bikes)
    3.cost for a full bike service (both)
    4. top speed for both (restricted and de-restricted)
    5. cost of a full tank of petrol for both.
    6.any other important information that i would need.

thanks for taking your time to read and hopefully respond to this question.

james

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i like the look of the yamaha

but i got a aprilia xD

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i like the look of the yamaha

but i got a aprilia xD

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Either is suitable but the yam will be more economic to own
    1. £3500 for the rs and about 2800 for the tzr (new prices - used ones vary with age and miles so impossible to say)
    2. Road tax, £15 a year, MOT £29 a year plus whatever to make it roadworthy, insurance variable from £350 to £600 (you need your own quote on your own details to pin that one down)
    helmet £60, protective and waterproof gloves, boots and clothing -
    £150
    3. Approx £130 again variable depending on the ,miles it has reached as some items are not done on all services.
    4. 31mph restricted and 45 mph to 50mph derestricted but they wear out fast.
    5. Not relevant as they both use the same stuff and it costs the same for both.
    6. If you are under 16 and ride a derestricted one you will be riding not in accordance with your licence and with no insurance. If caught 12 to 14 points and banned.

If you buy used you also need to budget for tyres, chain and sprockets and other things wearing out. Both of these bikes need a top end rebuild at 6000 miles if used hard.

I would get the Yam for cheaper, just as fast in the real world and easier to repair and get spares for. The prilla is a looker though.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Either is suitable but the yam will be more economic to own
    1. £3500 for the rs and about 2800 for the tzr (new prices - used ones vary with age and miles so impossible to say)
    2. Road tax, £15 a year, MOT £29 a year plus whatever to make it roadworthy, insurance variable from £350 to £600 (you need your own quote on your own details to pin that one down)
    helmet £60, protective and waterproof gloves, boots and clothing -
    £150
    3. Approx £130 again variable depending on the ,miles it has reached as some items are not done on all services.
    4. 31mph restricted and 45 mph to 50mph derestricted but they wear out fast.
    5. Not relevant as they both use the same stuff and it costs the same for both.
    6. If you are under 16 and ride a derestricted one you will be riding not in accordance with your licence and with no insurance. If caught 12 to 14 points and banned.

If you buy used you also need to budget for tyres, chain and sprockets and other things wearing out. Both of these bikes need a top end rebuild at 6000 miles if used hard.

I would get the Yam for cheaper, just as fast in the real world and easier to repair and get spares for. The prilla is a looker though.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree totally with Timbo. The tzr would be much easier to get spares for and also it would be less likely to get stolen. And Yamaha build quality is much better too.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Timbo is here has said it all
    other than
    they are now seizing and crushing mopeds caught derestricted so you'll be out of pocket and no licence and no bike to sell should you get caught.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree totally with Timbo. The tzr would be much easier to get spares for and also it would be less likely to get stolen. And Yamaha build quality is much better too.

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i didn't think they made the tzr 50 anymore? the rs50 is much faster but not reliable. so its a case of do you prefer reliablity or speed?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information