Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It uses an electronic distributor ( i.e. computer controlled ) and the box that distributes the firing order may be defective or may have been programmed incorrectly. First go to your local auto parts store and price the distributor module for the car... write that price down. Next go to a honda dealership and see how muck it would cost to check the module. It may be cheaper to replace the module yourself. If you are not comfortable doing so then i recommend the honda dealership. At any rate, best of luck.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    maybe because there are no wires, a dizzy or a rotor. is it a diesel engine that has glow plugs? i use to own a 04 civic..it had wires, plugs a dizzy and rotor.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    maybe because there are no wires, a dizzy or a rotor. is it a diesel engine that has glow plugs? i use to own a 04 civic..it had wires, plugs a dizzy and rotor.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

why is my 2004 honda civic misfiring?

I changed the spark plugs and gaped them and its still misfiring. just so you know the honda civic doesn't have cap or rotor and it doesn't have wires either. so what could be causing the problem?
    sorry the I-vtech does not use wires! thanks! but I did my research you most of had the DX or LX ha I have the EX

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It uses an electronic distributor ( i.e. computer controlled ) and the box that distributes the firing order may be defective or may have been programmed incorrectly. First go to your local auto parts store and price the distributor module for the car... write that price down. Next go to a honda dealership and see how muck it would cost to check the module. It may be cheaper to replace the module yourself. If you are not comfortable doing so then i recommend the honda dealership. At any rate, best of luck.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information