Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is it worth getting a rebuilt transmission on a 1998 Honda Civic Automatic?

I have a 1998 Honda Civic LX Automatic, about 120K miles so far. Gears are not shifting automatically so in order to change gear, I have to manually shift them from D2 to D3 to D4. I heard about getting the linear solenoid replaced, but from researching the web, this doesn't resolve the problem. Transmission fluid is fine. Not sure if it is worth going to an Aamco or a Honda dealership and spending $2300 on getting it rebuilt. I already invested in the timing belt, so should I keep going? Another other solutions?

ice789
    If the engine isn't burning oil, the car is in decent shape, and you plan to stick with it, get a quality transmission rebuild. My 92 accord's transmission was rebuilt around 120k mi. The car now has 240k mi on it. Transmission rebuilds at about 120k are par for the course with cars. Engines will last much longer with regular oil changes. The body and interior longetivity are also highly dependant on your maintenance.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information