Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do you think the government truly had the environment and climate in mind?

The "Cash for Clunkers" program ended this week but reportedly consumers bought almost 700,000 new vehicles. DO you think this program truly replaced gas-guzzlers with vehicles that are that much more petroleum saving? Do you think the government truly had the environment and climate in mind or do you think this was just another form of bail-out for car manufacturers?

crknapp79
    Um no. Also, when it comes to our "dependence" on forgien oil, well...90+% of our oil is bought from Canada and Mexico.
    I see the cash for clunkers as a bail-out, without calling it a bail out.

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes. It swas a win win. For auomaker and the environment. The only losers were taxpayers that didnt buy a car.

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It was both. It also diminshes our use of foreign oil.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You sound like a very astute observer, kudos to you!
    My guess is as good as yours but I smelled something rotten when I learned on the news that if you log on to that site that particular site that your computer warns in small print that from there on forwards it it says your computer's info is from then on property of the government... apparently meaning they can spy forever. It was either on fox or CNN I forget but the lady announcer warned people not to click into that site! For real!
    Most people don't have anything important to hide and neither do I but personal communications are personal like if someone is telling something personal about their private life or something.
    I absolutely have the same doubts that you do about their being a hidden agenda. I look at it this way. On one hand, it is good to recycle the parts of cars that are becoming obsolete anyway. It 'stimulates' the economy when people buy new things, or make war weapons. On the other, It is wasteful to buy new things that waste our natural resources and war weapons end up injuring innocent civilians in foreign lands and our own soldiers more often than the guilty parties, their dictators and our democratically elected leaders..
    Maybe you too have noticed as I have that the old cars were much cheaper and simpler to repair and lasted longer?
    Anyway, ulterior motives and hidden agendas are status quo for politicians with their heads up their u-no-wutz! War is their business, maybe they'll recycle those clunkers into fighter jets and bombers.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    they say they do, but they really don't. with all the time and moeny spent during this time, alternative fuel woudl have become much easier.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    they say they do, but they really don't. with all the time and moeny spent during this time, alternative fuel woudl have become much easier.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information