Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brett Favre FTW
    There isn't another Brett Favre at any point in history. Favre is the greatest QB because, for 1, his numbers, and 2 because he's the only ultimate thrilling QB ever. He throws it in places he shouldn't and most of the time it turns out positive! He's gonna give his coaches a heart attack one of these days! That's why he's so great!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    because they don't know what they are talking about or looking at.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do think Favre is one of the best 10 QB ever but if you ask me if he is top 5 or number one, then I would say no. There is a guy maybe two guys that are playing right now that are better than Favre. Peyton Manning and Tom Brady I think have had better careers than Favre. Rings don't matter as much to me because Marino didn't win a championship but he is still consider a top 5 QB ever because they never gave him enough talent around him. Football isn't like basketball when you can carry a team, every man on the field has to be good if not then you are in trouble.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    People think this because other than just throwing the ball a lot and holding many passing records and 3 MVPs and 10 trips to the pro bowl he has won more games than any other quarterback in history. This cannot just be because of a few good Packer teams in the 90s. What about the Cowboys with Aikman and 49ers with Montana and Young.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    He gets the praise because he was great when the 24 hour media cycle we have now was growing and he was one of the most media-friendly and media-savvy players around. Also, there seems to be something nostalgic about him setting all those records in Green Bay. Think anyone would care if those records were set in Jacksonville or Tampa?

I am a Viking fan, and I did NOT want him here. He is not the same as he was even in 2007, I still believe he only wants to stick it to the Packers, and I believe Rosenfeld will be a good QB in this league. Good is all the Vikings needed with all the other strengths they have. Now that he is the starter, I certainly want him to do well, but I don't have all my eggs in that one basket. I am old enough to remember the last time the Vikings got one guy to get them to the SB. We all know how well the Herschel Walker trade worked - it did get a team to the SB - Dallas!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information