Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Is crime a learned behavior or genetically induced ? Debate..?

If we inhilate all criminals and seal up all criminal history, would all new borns be crime free ? I mean if an 11 year old boy raised in a crime free society with all the good morals instilled in him were to go hungry, would he steal to eat ?
    if a wife were to fall in love with the neighbor's husband, would the parties involved just swap wives with civility or attempt to kill the culprits ? and so on many hypathetical examples, but would they turn to that criminal behavior if never seen or heard of ? in the same token if you took a child born to hardened criminals thus genetically inclined and raised him/her in a loving and rich environment with high morals and standards would he/she ever turn to crime evantually (like madoff).
    All good points, but is it a learned behavior/genetic or both ? you see not only diseases are passed on to offsprings but also intteligence and thats how mankind evolves thus we went from riding donkeys to space ships, the information acquired by us during our life is genetically passed on to offsprings, I have a 6 year old and he blows my mind what he can do with a computer , surely I blew my parents mind with the things I did with playdough and so on, hence crime also.. there is a study the longer you wait to have kids in life the smarter the child is, since you had more time to learn a nd acquire more information to pass on, lots of it is stored in the cell's nucleuos..

No. It is impossible to `train` or predict criminal behaviour in anyone.

Even those raised in rich and very happy household`s can turn to crime.

It`s because people carry out crime for different reasons.
    They get a thrill out of it.
    They feel insecure.
    They are sadists.
    They want something real bad.
    They get violently angry easily.
    Something is just there, `on offer` so to speak, so they take it.
    They really hate someone, or some organisation.
    And many more reasons - that have nothing to do with the way they were raised.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think a lot of it has to do with nurture and environmental conditioning. If a child is brought up to believe, think and feel in a certain way, this will undoubtedly influence his/her behaviour. The survival instinct kicks in if we are faced with danger and to survive in this life, we can surprise ourselves at what we will do.

Minato Namikaze
    it's both some people are just more prone to misbehave and become a criminal no matter what, others are made criminals by out side influences and vica versa.

information is not genetically passed down grom genaration to genaration dude, its taught from one genaration to another. the ability and capasity to lern is genetic but not the information itself

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Every person makes their own choices morally. It doesn't matter who raises them.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Every person makes their own choices morally. It doesn't matter who raises them.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information