Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can I mix and match car audio accessories?

Hi, I have a '92 Nissan Maxima. The Bose system is complete and utter trash. I need to get a completely new system. But have no clue what I'm doing. What would be the cheapest route, what would be the estimate if I did get a complete overhaul on my system, and what places do free installations? Thanks, God Bless

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Get a aftermarket radio and a few new speakers. You could even go to walmart for some speakers just for some tem. music. But you really should save your money up and get something that is good. A pair of 6x9 and the front speakers would be good. And if you have a coupld dollars laying around after that you could but some tweeters which will make your system amazing

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just take it in to a local car audio shop (if there is one around you, which there should be) and see what they recommend and come back and ask about that and see what we think of what they tell you. If they give good info and recommend good stuff at a decent rate we'll tell you to go for it. If it sounds like not so good stuff, we'll tell you so! Also, ask if they install stuff that's purchased somewhere else, because you can almost surely find a better deal on stuff online than in a shop or somewhere like Best Buy.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Get a aftermarket radio and a few new speakers. You could even go to walmart for some speakers just for some tem. music. But you really should save your money up and get something that is good. A pair of 6x9 and the front speakers would be good. And if you have a coupld dollars laying around after that you could but some tweeters which will make your system amazing

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can but sound quality is much better if you use the same brand name for each componenet.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Absolutely, you do not need to keep all the brands the same. Once awhile some moronic newb will say this, but there is absolutely NO basis behind it. All professional shops use different brands with installs most of the time.

(notice the newb who said exactly this right after me "castmoney").

Ditch the whole bose system. You can start by getting a nice aftermarket cd player, like a pioneer or alpine, and all four speakers. Everything would likely need to be re-wired, as some of these bose systems were tough to re-do without running new wires.

Giving an estimate is tough. If you want one, go to your local trusted shop and see what they say. Beware cheap flea market equipment online. Most newbs make mistakes such as buying junk equipment, and stuff that doesnt work well together (IE getting four channel amps for subs, wrong impedances, etc.)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can but sound quality is much better if you use the same brand name for each componenet.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information