Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    YoungSexiiLovelyyxx

"It Is Said That Image Shapes The Way We View Our World"?

I am conducting a speech discussing how true this statement is.

What do you think about this statement?

I would greatly appreciate if you could all help me brainstorm some ideas to talk about in my speech. A good definition for image, your personal opinions about image and any other thoughts or discussion points you think would be good, It is a very broad topic and has a lot of depth within it to consider, for there is a wide variety of types of Image, eg. Body Image, Self Image, and so many more.. etc. etc.

I'm trying to focus on base points to build upon to make my thesis strong.

I am currently working on a mind map to get my ideas out on paper, and would love any tiny thing anyone contributes - they will all make a difference and will be deeply appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    when i read the quote the first thing that came to my mind was like when you experience something in life for the first time, only then do you really understand what another person is going through.
    for example i used to think that people who were depressed and thought suicidal thoughts were just weird and didn't know how to appreciate life but it was only when i experienced depression for my self that i realized its much more serious and it hurts much more than what people think and now i fully understand. and that happens with basically everything, i've learned to be more compassionate and listen to others more after i went through depression myself. i learned to be more patient with people at restaurants after i worked at braum's ice cream and dairy store this summer. i've learned that thank you and just a simple smile or a nice comment can really turn someones day around because many times my horrible day turned brighter whenever someone thanked me for my work, smiled or gave me a nice comment. so now i always do the same for others because you never know when someone isnt feelin good, you can make a big difference in someones day and even someones life.
    or idk maybe even when you're just living life and you see someone thats disabled or is in need and you realize how thankful you should be for all that you have, sometimes it can even bring deep sadness within you as you realize all that you take for granted each day. then i guess you can literally say that what you just saw (image but i suppose it can be anything heard read etc.) changed the way you view things.

sorry i made this so long just got a little carried away hehe.
    not so sure if its what you were lookin for but i really hope it helps
    Good luck on your speech!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information