Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is the workflow I use

1) convert the RAW files that will become prints
    2) Save them as high resolution JPEG's 300 DPI
    3) Using the cropping tool, crop each image to the size it will eventually be printed. The most common sizes are 8x10, 5x7 and 4x6 inches. Crop the original JPEG again at 300 DPI and save each one as a different file name. Example names. Original DMS_2289, 8x10 becomes DMS_2289810, 5x7 becomes DMS_228957 and 4x6 becomes DMS_228946.

This way of cropping does three things. 1) prevents the overwriting of the original file, allows you to decide what is cropped out of the frame when making different size prints and names the file so you can send the correct one to the lab for printing

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If your camera doesn't have a high enough resolution then you can't make big prints without the quality suffering. The computer will have to make up data where there is none, and it will pixelate. Get a better camera, or if you have a good camera, shoot at the highest image quality possible.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If your camera doesn't have a high enough resolution then you can't make big prints without the quality suffering. The computer will have to make up data where there is none, and it will pixelate. Get a better camera, or if you have a good camera, shoot at the highest image quality possible.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I need help with resizing images for printing!!!?

I have been trying to get a few of my photographs printed as 8x10s. I took them to be printed locally. I picked them up, and a lot of the image had been cropped off! So, I made sure to resize them to an 8x10 in Lightroom. I finally have them all set to go, and the uploader tells me that the quality will suffer at an 8x10 size!

What am I doing wrong?? The pixels are set to 240 per inch. Any help is GREATLY appreciated! I'm getting frustrated! Thanks!
    I shot these images in RAW. Trust me, they are high enough quality! At least, they were before I cropped them...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

3) Using the cropping tool, crop each image to the size it will eventually be printed. The most common sizes are 8x10, 5x7 and 4x6 inches. Crop the original JPEG again at 300 DPI and save each one as a different file name. Example names. Original DMS_2289, 8x10 becomes DMS_2289810, 5x7 becomes DMS_228957 and 4x6 becomes DMS_228946.

This way of cropping does three things. 1) prevents the overwriting of the original file, allows you to decide what is cropped out of the frame when making different size prints and names the file so you can send the correct one to the lab for printing

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information