Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First off, the age of the car is definitely valid in your car choice- the Acura will be new, which means an easier finance rate, and a better warranty, while the BMW is used, which means no free maintenance, no guarnatee on how the car was taken care of previously, and a higher finance rate.

Comparing the two cars, the BMW is more luxurious while the MDX has a bit of an edgier feel to it, both in the look and the ride.

I personally would go for the MDX- While the X5 has improved from the last generation, it's repairs/maintenance are way too much, and the gas mileage is 14/19 while the MDX's is 16/21- a couple of miles different, and both use premium gas.

As for comfort and leg room, it really depends on the person. The MDX feels a bit smaller than the BMW to me, but unless your 6 feet or taller, it shouldn't be an issue.

Test drive both out yourself, and base your decision off of that- keep in mind that everyone has different preferences, so opinions will very.

Also keep in mind that ALL automakers have lemons- just becuase one person has a horrible car does not make the whole model in general horrible, just read up on the trends of long term owners and see what they have to say about the car.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

BEST CAR? HELP PLEASE!!!!!?

I've narrowed down two cars within my budget range, post-cash in for my old crappy car, to the

BMW X5 (2008) 3.0si 3 cylinder

or the

Acura MDX 2010

I've heard rave reviews about both of them, but I just cant decide between them, Both are between 35,000 and 45,000 depending on what i put on them, so price isn't really an issue.

The things I care about are the basic things, fuel economy, comfort, and leg room, etc.

I will be marking any undetailed answers as spam, so please dont just type in "Hur hur get a hybrid" or some other equally useless info just to get points. I will be giving best answer, so please try to give detailed advice, pros and cons, personal experience, etc.

Thanks!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I love the MDX but the car is do for a redesign so which is not good news for you because once that Redesign models (2011) comes out, the MDX will drop in price but the style of this car is exceptional. It may drop in price but Acura have a very low depreciation, the mean the 2007 acura tl sport is still 30-40k and that was the price when it was new. You might want to wait and see what the redesign looks like but then again, if looks anything like the New RX, might as well just buy the MDX. The X5 is really the good since every generation of the X5, BMW has stuck to a basic design which mean depreciation is quite low for this car since most of the X5's look alike. But I would still go with the MDX hands down.

BMW X5:
    Pros:
    + Sports Activity Vehicle with further enhanced driving dynamics.
    + More power and greater efficiency: inline six and V8 power
    + Only vehicle in its segment with Active Steering, AdaptiveDrive, Head-Up Display and standard runflat tires.
    + Standard: new six-speed automatic transmission with electronic gear selector.
    + Further enhanced: full-time BMW xDrive all-wheel-drive technology.
    + Weight-optimized bodyshell with extreme torsional stiffness.
    + Larger interior with up to seven seats.
    + New iDrive control concept with six programmable keys.
    + Exclusive interior with innovative options.
    + BMW NamePlate
    + Great Warranty (Recommend you get an extended one)
    + Low Depreciation
    + #5 and Design By JD Power
    + Leg Room is Plentiful and Spacious
    + Combines technology and performance in one package
    + Aggressive Stance
    + #5 Best Performance By JD Power
    + Great Steering Feel

Cons:
    + High Ride Height
    + BMW is known for having electronical issues
    + Large Car (Harder to Park and Maneuver)
    + BMW was rated as Average in Vehicle Dependability
    __________________________________________________ __

2010 Acura MDX:
    Pros:
    + Outfitted with Acura's tenacious Super-Handling All-Wheel Drive
    +Class-leading 300-hp VTEC V-6 makes as much power as some competitive V-8s
    + 7-passenger interior
    + Acura Navigation System and AcuraLink(TM) Satellite Communication System with real-time traffic
    + Spectacular 10-speaker Acura/ELS Surround(TM) Premium Sound System
    + Embodies Acura's commitment to performance, luxury, quality and style
    + #4 Best Quality Overall (Honda)
    + 5-speed automatic transmission with Sequential SportShift is designed to satisfy the most performance-oriented drivers
    + 2007 MDX maintains the same weight as the 2006 MDX
    + Engineers targeted the BMW X5 and Porsche Cayenne when developing the MDX chassis
    + Optional w/ Sports Package: Active Damper System
    + 5000-pound towing rating
    + Features a host of technologies to make driving simultaneously more rewarding and relaxing
    + Multi-Information Display (MID) that allows access to multiple electronic functions
    +Very Low Depreciation
    + A "4+3 seating" concept that luxuriously hosts four passengers in the first and second row seats
    + multi-format 6-disc in-dash CD, MP3, WMA changer, Auxillary Jack AM/FM tuner, and XM Satellite Radio
    + Advanced Compatibility Engineering unit body structure A.K.A ACE
    + ACE more evenly distributes collision forces and helps maintain the integrity of the passenger cabin in the event of a severe frontal collision
    + New are active head restraints and dual-stage knee bolsters for the driver and front passenger.
    + A rollover sensor adds a further level of protection.
    + EPA estimated mileage of 17/22 mpg (City/Highway)
    + CARB-Certified LEV-2 ULEV
    + 2-piece, dual-stage magnesium intake manifold
    + Acura was rated #7 in Vehicle Dependability

Cons:
    + New redesign should be here by 2011

I do love the MDX but the redesign is the big issue, that will kill resale value but if money is not the issue, I really would take the MDX.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I love the MDX but the car is do for a redesign so which is not good news for you because once that Redesign models (2011) comes out, the MDX will drop in price but the style of this car is exceptional. It may drop in price but Acura have a very low depreciation, the mean the 2007 acura tl sport is still 30-40k and that was the price when it was new. You might want to wait and see what the redesign looks like but then again, if looks anything like the New RX, might as well just buy the MDX. The X5 is really the good since every generation of the X5, BMW has stuck to a basic design which mean depreciation is quite low for this car since most of the X5's look alike. But I would still go with the MDX hands down.

BMW X5:
    Pros:
    + Only vehicle in its segment with Active Steering, AdaptiveDrive, Head-Up Display and standard runflat tires.
    + BMW NamePlate
    + Low Depreciation
    + Aggressive Stance
    + Great Steering Feel

Cons:
    + High Ride Height

2010 Acura MDX:
    Pros:
    + 7-passenger interior
    + Acura Navigation System and AcuraLink(TM) Satellite Communication System with real-time traffic
    + 5-speed automatic transmission with Sequential SportShift is designed to satisfy the most performance-oriented drivers
    + Engineers targeted the BMW X5 and Porsche Cayenne when developing the MDX chassis
    + Features a host of technologies to make driving simultaneously more rewarding and relaxing
    + Multi-Information Display (MID) that allows access to multiple electronic functions
    +Very Low Depreciation
    + A "4+3 seating" concept that luxuriously hosts four passengers in the first and second row seats
    + multi-format 6-disc in-dash CD, MP3, WMA changer, Auxillary Jack AM/FM tuner, and XM Satellite Radio
    + ACE more evenly distributes collision forces and helps maintain the integrity of the passenger cabin in the event of a severe frontal collision
    + New are active head restraints and dual-stage knee bolsters for the driver and front passenger.

Cons:

I do love the MDX but the redesign is the big issue, that will kill resale value but if money is not the issue, I really would take the MDX.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First off, the age of the car is definitely valid in your car choice- the Acura will be new, which means an easier finance rate, and a better warranty, while the BMW is used, which means no free maintenance, no guarnatee on how the car was taken care of previously, and a higher finance rate.

Comparing the two cars, the BMW is more luxurious while the MDX has a bit of an edgier feel to it, both in the look and the ride.

I personally would go for the MDX- While the X5 has improved from the last generation, it's repairs/maintenance are way too much, and the gas mileage is 14/19 while the MDX's is 16/21- a couple of miles different, and both use premium gas.

As for comfort and leg room, it really depends on the person. The MDX feels a bit smaller than the BMW to me, but unless your 6 feet or taller, it shouldn't be an issue.

Test drive both out yourself, and base your decision off of that- keep in mind that everyone has different preferences, so opinions will very.

Also keep in mind that ALL automakers have lemons- just becuase one person has a horrible car does not make the whole model in general horrible, just read up on the trends of long term owners and see what they have to say about the car.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

BMW X5:
    Pros:
    + BMW NamePlate
    + Low Depreciation
    + Aggressive Stance
    + Great Steering Feel

Cons:
    + High Ride Height

2010 Acura MDX:
    Pros:
    + 7-passenger interior
    +Very Low Depreciation

Cons:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the Acura is a much better vehicle

and the reliability of the X5 has dropped to below average.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the Acura is a much better vehicle

and the reliability of the X5 has dropped to below average.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information