Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Culture Shock - Help?

America. The most powerful country in the world. The sole remaining superpower. The largest and most technologically-advanced military force on the planet. The largest economy surpassed only by the combined European Union. The oldest modern democracy upon which all others are based. The Land of the Free, the Home of the Brave.

Americans. The laziest people on Earth. The heaviest television watchers. Weak education system. Weak insurance system. Third largest population. The highest incarceration and violent crime rate on the planet. No dicipline. Historically one of the most racist countries to ever exist. The laughing stock of the planet.

As a very patriotic, nationalistic American, I'm appalled at what I see around me all the time by the American people. Littering without a care. Smoking weed in public. Driving incorrectly. Partying until 6 in the morning, working minimally at work. Not listening to parents and bosses. Breaking laws "just cause". Calling people names, demeaning immigrants and other races (there's a difference between comedy and seriousness, folks) because their different. And not just whites! Blacks, too. MLK, Malcolm X, Jesse Jackson, Rosa Parks, and countless others fought and (some) died for their rights only for some modern black Americans to take it for granted and don't work for what they want/need, then have the nerve to "blame it on the 'white' man". Asians, Mexicans, hispanics, it doesn't matter. The majority of Americans are fat, lazy, vulgar, violent people who think they're better than everyone else while in reality we're probably one of the lowest classes of citizens on the planet! And that's coming from an American.

Us Americans are given everything, yet we're too damned lazy to take advantage of it, for the most part. We have so much freedom! We are so privelaged compared to other countries like India, North Korea, China, Cuba, Venezula, etc. We have rights and all that jazz, and everyone takes them for granted, or they claim that their rights have been violated when they don't even know the 1st Amendment. Too much freedom, I think, has corrupted out government, fattened our people, and lowered overall intelligence. I'm not saying we should get rid of freedom, however.

Other countries, especially the very diciplined East Asia, laugh at the failing, sorry excuse for sentient beings that are SOME American people.

Why? I'm looking for an answer. I plan on joining the US Air Force in a few years. How come a country so powerful, so great, so free have idiotic morons for a population? Are we "too" free? Why should I give my life so these people can complain and protest the very soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines that are fighting for them overseas? Why is the country so good in theory and on paper while in reality this society seems so corrupted? I don't know what's right. All these other countries, like Canada, Japan, and Korea, are relatively powerful without the excessive problems that America has now.

Let me remind you that I AM BLACK AMERICAN, born and raised. I'm not British or Australian or Canadian or whatever. I was born in Texas, raised in Florida.

My 1st question is as follows: Should I immigrate? I love my country to death. My father served in the Air Force. I had two uncles in the Marines, two in the Coast Guard, both grandfathers served in the Army. I love the constitution and I support it 100% and I will always be American first. However, there are plenty of countries based off of American values that seem to be in a much better social situation while still maintaining a very good political/economical situation (excluding the current reccession), such as Canada and Australia. I love my country, I love Ol' Glory, I love the constitution, but I LOATHE most of the people. I'm worried about my country, but should I just leave? Why are Americans as they are?

If I should stay, why should I risk my ass in the military for these retards that don't appreciate anything? I want to join because it's just something I've always wanted to do, serve my country, but why if these idiots will just protest (which seems to be the only right that they appreciate) when I come back home? If I die, they don't give a damn that I was fighting so that they have the freedom to think for themselves (which may not be such a good idea in the first place).

Someone please help me understand this.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think most of the stuff you wrote about Americans in that long question of yours is mainly the actions of teens. Sure older Americans CAN act like that at times but it's mostly the younger ones. Not everyone in this country is like that, there are still well-educated, respectful, and serious individuals out there. If you have doubts about serving for your country then I don't really think you should join the Air Force. Once you're in you can't just question what you're doing, you have to do with without any second thoughts. You can leave America if you wish, but if you only know English then your chances of living outside of America is slim to none. Also the global economy is still fragile now, if you can't find a job in America where will you find one in another country at? Saying you're going to leave and actually doing it are two very different things.

FYI..Most Americans are fat or overweight cause unhealthy food is VERY cheap here. While healthy food is sort of expensive. In addition to that we don't exercise or walk or use public transportation like in European, Asian, and even African countries. So combine fast food w/ no exercise and you're destined to get fat.

Thats a LOT of writing! But I agree with most of it I guess...

And I think you mean the United States, America is the whole continent and most don't have a whole lot either. The U.S is full of fat, lazy people though...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information