Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    candywishes4

If my coil pack on my '00 ford focus is cracked, would that cause my car to misfire?

Recently when I go to start my car, I had trouble turning it over. Now it starts right up, but doesn't seem to accelerate properly. Today my engine light was blinking, which manual says it's a misfire.
    After inspecting the wires, I noticed my coil pack had a crack. Could this be causing all of my issues?

Mark F
    Yes. Replace it. A simple bolt-in affair. Just make sure all the wires go back in the right spots. Everything is numbered so it is pretty hard to mess up - you really have to work hard to get it wrong.

John S
    Depending on the crack and where in relation it is to the plugs this could be. Heat from the engine will expand the plastic and allow for arching...thus misfire. Best bet to buy a coil pack and replace. This isn't a hard job and you can do it pretty quick, or just take it to a service center. Hope this helps.......and Keep driving Fords

Mike B
    the crack will cause a misfire and it might even cause the engine to run rough. if you have notice that on cool damp days and the engine is running rough, chances are the crack is having an affect on the engine. if the check engine does not come on then its fine, but it will need to be replace in the near future.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information