Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    fontainegraphix

Thinking of buying a Jeep Wrangler...can you give me some advice??

Can someone tell me the pros and cons of having a Jeep? It seems that the value stays pretty well with it. Is an automatic as nice as a 5 speed? How are they on gas? I've been looking at the older ones that have just under 100,000 miles. When do they start breaking down mileage wise? I'm sure I could think of a ton more questions, but these are good enough to start! Help!! Please pass along your likes or dislikes.

HeadTater
    Chrysler makes a good product. Their 3.3L is one of the most indestructible motor out there. A larger version of the 3.3L appears in the 2007 Wrangler with a size of 3.8L. One of the only real cons of the Wrangler would be it's gas mileage (the new one gets 15 and 19mpg). They also are really not the best car if you can't afford higher insurance.

tpwork
    OK, Wranglers are not known for there gas mileage, Mine a 91 with 165,000 mile and a Auto, can pull down 16 on the highway, but it is refitted for offroading, a stock Jeep with just a tire upgrade will get about the same, if thinking of the auto always get the overdrive it will help with the mileage, fun factor get a 5-Speed. it is great to drive with the top off, and if you get a soft top, look around for one with hard doors you will be much happier with roll up windows, and for the hard tops the hard top can be removed (if youhave friends) but always store it somewhere safe as the hard tops are in demand.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information