Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

How long does it take to cook sweet potatos in an oven?

i peeled them and chopped them up already. after their cooked and soft can i just put them in a blender and puree them? do i have to add anything to sweeten them for my 1yr old daughter?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It depends on size. The average is 450 degrees for an hour. Check with fork to be soft. Best to place in a pan.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    after they are soft, you can puree them... for my kids, i would add apple juice on there to make them sweet. its also healthy

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, just puree them when they are soft, and if you want to sweeten them a bit, use a little honey, but I like them plain.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For baby food, I'd just poke a couple of holes in the yam and nuke it.
    Then peel and mash with a potato masher. Or peel and chop it just the way you have and then boil it.

Someone suggested adding apple juice. You could simmer the chopped sweet potato in apple juice. You could add a dash of cinnamon to this. I haven't done it but I think it would be a tasty dish for your daughter. I make a sweet potato and apple casserole every Thanksgiving that's out of this world.

But to answer your specific question, it should take 45 minutes to an hour in a 375 oven. Be sure to cover the dish so your sweet potato doesn't dry out. I'd sprinkle it with water, orange juice, or apple juice.
    Next time bake it with the skin on, then peel and mash.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For baby food, I'd just poke a couple of holes in the yam and nuke it.
    Then peel and mash with a potato masher. Or peel and chop it just the way you have and then boil it.

Someone suggested adding apple juice. You could simmer the chopped sweet potato in apple juice. You could add a dash of cinnamon to this. I haven't done it but I think it would be a tasty dish for your daughter. I make a sweet potato and apple casserole every Thanksgiving that's out of this world.

But to answer your specific question, it should take 45 minutes to an hour in a 375 oven. Be sure to cover the dish so your sweet potato doesn't dry out. I'd sprinkle it with water, orange juice, or apple juice.
    Next time bake it with the skin on, then peel and mash.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information