Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Facebook - Is this just rude and weird ? or is it just me?

Ok well, you know how on face book you remember peoples names and you find them.

3 years ago, i worked on a summer camp in New York and made a lot of friends. Most of them are on my face book.

I found 1 guy who i travelled on the plane with and we were friends. after camp, we spoke a bit on email but you know, we lost touch.

I added him and he rejected the request ( even though we have friends in common) so i added him again and i said it was me, from camp, etc ( so he would def know) and then, he blocked me.

I know cause he wasn't appearing on my search - but when i tried from my gf's account, he came up.

Is it just me, or is that just rude / weird?

thanks

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is weird.. For one, that would irritate me and for two, who wouldn't want to add you... looking good there Nick. lol

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah you would think he wouldn't mind keeping in touch or just catching up. He obviously knows you and knows you're not a creep so why not just accept the request even if you don't talk on there much.

But who knows I guess he has his reasons. Try not to let it bother you too much. Just give the guy his privacy.

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    He thinks youre a boring idiot. Are you?

I'm So Hood.
    Thats rude/weird

He's blocked you which is why you can't see him on your searches through your account, but which is why you can see him through someone else's account.

It is hurtful, and I myself have recently had 2 rejected requests from the same person, who I THOUGHT was a good friend of mine from school - she has all our other school friends on her friend list, but for whatever reason rejected me. We never argued or fought, I can't think why she'd single me out to ignore. We got on well, but whatever.

The thing is, it really is their call at the end of the day. You have to toughen up and just respect their decision, no matter how unfair you think it is.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Some people only want close friends on their fb as links to one person with a lot of random friends can compromise the privacy of things they do on there. Still a bit weird though

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe he doesnt remember you, you should have sent a message.
    Or maybe he fell out with you?

Maybe he doesn't like you as much as you like him, and he wasn't keen on keeping in touch via e-mail in the first place, so why add you as a friend now when he can just block you instead? The "we spoke a bit on email but you know, we lost touch" statement could back up what I'm saying, don't you think? (Just saying is all, I don't know). [shrugs]

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information