I have a demo reel clip, which I need to burn to dvd format so the clip can be played on a DVD player. The original uncompressed size is 1.8 GB (Animation codec) and the duration is 3 minutes. The original size is due to the clip consists of high quality TIFF sequence images. basically it's HD quality, sharp and vibrant.

I tried using Adobe encore and used the highest settings possible there, which is MPEG-2 DVD, Progressive high quality VBR 2 pass. The problem is that I lost the quality so much that the dvd only displays 1/10th of the original quality, dull and blurs both sharpness and colour. with the final size of 180 MB

My question is how to achieve highest maximum quality as possible. because my clip is only 3 minutes, so I want to have an HD quality for playable dvd format. I don't need fast encoding, slowest encoding is perfectly fine as long as it maintains the HD quality. and does it make any difference if the original clip is in uncompressed AVI or other lossless codecs? rather than quicktime animation codec?