Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why are fundamental and Basic flaws in Bible swiftly overlooked while arguing with

an educated person? Using a circular argument, believers say that because the Bible is without error or inconsistency, it must be the work of God, and because it is the work of God, it must be without error or inconsistency. It seems not to matter which proposition comes first, the other is thought to follow. But they fail to answer my questions without the help of that ludicrous method!

1) Please explain the source of light, the day and night before sun and stars
    2) If all the plants and fruits are for us to consume, pls explain poisonous fruit bearing plants
    3) If the prohibition regarding the forbidden fruit was made to Adam before Eve came on the scene, Eve has been blamed for the Fall.! Why?
    4) If God is omniscience, why did he fail to know in advance of the "Tree of Knowledge incident"?
    5) All living things including plants, animals, women and innocent children are exterminated in the flood. Why?. (Note: This is like burning down a house to rid it of mice.)
    6) Why don't "Entering the holy place without wearing bells" result in death?
    7) Evil spirits can come from God and be exorcised with God's help,but he cannot prevent them from coming out altogether. Why?
    8) Why is The earth a circle in Bible but really a Sphere?
    9) Jesus will send his angels to purge his kingdom of evildoers and sin. But how did evildoers get into his kingdom in the first place?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1. after the period of the big bang, photons wizzed around due to the large amount of energy present. no stars, just photons wizzing around.

2. god like to be a pr!ck occasionally

3. god likes to be a pr!ck occasionally

4. he did, god likes to be a pr!ck occasionally

5. he didnt like the world that much, to rid it of evil, but to leave some still there seems like the most reasonable thing to do. in short, god likes to be a pr!ck occasionally

6. cause bells signal your advance, without bells, the agitated christians might get all worked up and frenzy you with candle sticks.

7. god likes to be a pr!ck occasionally

8. actually is a quadrilateral, "then 4 angels went to the corners of the earth"
    in short, its a square fool!

9. god likes to be a pr!ck occasionally. remember that time when he let satan sneak in as a snake? you would think omniscience would show you such an easy target, but noooo. he bypasses all the security and right into eden he goes.

ta da answered perfectly. replace the word 'occasionally' with 'always'

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't forget God's genius idea to make plants before the sun.

That anyone even tried to defend that garbled mess of nonsense is shocking.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1. God was
    2. after the fall of man, creation was cursed "or veiled", Like the serpent having to slide on his stomach, or the thorns on plants.
    3.Both were blamed because Adam also ate of the fruit.
    4.He did know, It was His plan that we fall, This is one of the hardest things to understand, but I believe He predestined the fall for His eventual glory in redeeming those who believe.
    5. Because everything was so evil, He did this again on a smaller scale when the Israelites invaded certain parts of canaan.
    6.The bells were to notify other priests that the priest inside was moving. If not they pulled the rope and buried him. If anyone had unconfessed sins going in the Holy of Holies, they were considered unrighteous before the presence of God and died
    7. I'm gonna need more details on this one, sounds like you made it up.
    8. Translation inqury, circle means sphere
    9. After the tribulation the earth is re-created so I think you're refering to those left on earth for the 1,000 years but you'll have to give me more bother
    Good questions I can see you think long and hard about spiritual things.

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    bet you 5000 to 1 you don't get a logical answer on any of your points. I've done it for years.....sometimes they leave my class in tears if/when they finally see it for what it is.....pure mythology....and not very well written mythology at that.
    (I don't bet much, but I figure this one I can't lose...lol)

1. Figurative.
    2. They weren't poisonous in the Garden of Eden? IDK, good question.
    3. It's assumed that he told her. But yeah, Adam screwed up big time. Judaism doesn't blame Eve.
    4. He did know. Follow up?
    5. The Bible says that the *entire* world was corrupted. IDK what that means.
    6. Source?
    7. I'm not Christian, I don't believe that stuff.
    8. Source?
    9. I'm not Christian, I don't believe that stuff.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1. Don't be silly. These arguments have gone around for thousands of years. All holy books are metaphorical.

2. I have never heard anybody claim that the bible must be the work of God because it is without error or inconsistency. That seems like a silly argument. I could write a few sentences that were without error or inconsistency and nobody would think that meant they were from God. What sort of a theologian are you talking to?

3. Your list of inconsistencies boils down to two kinds:
    a. things the bible says god did that you don't understand or think shouldn't be (but who are you, and maybe god, being all knowing, did if for a really good reason)
    b. things that you place upon him on your own (for instance who says that God CAN'T prevent evil spirits in the first place, instead of that he chooses to do it that way)

It is arrogant to believe that all the religious bible scholars have never noticed any of this or that you are just smarter than them. Whether God exists or not, it clearly isn't so obvious, or we would have done with it long ago. Just a little bit of answering so you can see how easy it is to answer each of your questions (not necessarily the truth, but an answer that fits the bill).

1. source of light? anything, the face of God perhaps
    2. poisonous plants ? did you not read it, that was the garden of eden, outside it was different , things ate each other and plants were often poison
    3. eve blamed? by whom? and anyway, she certainly knew of the prohibition, what else do you think she and Adam had to talk about
    4. god know of tree incident? who says he didn't know how it was going to go? just cause he knew how it would end, doesn't mean he didn't let it go that way for his good reasons
    5. big flood extermination? so, do you know that death wasn't better for all those people and creatures than life? remember that god has this whole afterlife thing worked out
    6. etc etc

Atheism is a defensible respectable position. Arrogance in your belief is not.

It does not say he made day before Sun he says he made the stars to give light on the earth. That makes a lot of sense.

2..He gave us the intelligence to know the difference.

3 It was Adams place to inform his wife not to eat the forbidden fruit. Anyways, Eve knew or the serpent would not have had to say to her. "Go ahead and eat the fruit Eve, you won't die, God just does not want you to be wise.

4. God chooses not to know where direction we will go, spiritually. He gives us free will.

5. Read Genesis ch,. 6 God was upset at the violence and evil in man. He said I will destroy him. And guess whats on the God's agenda? He in the end will destroy all evil and everyone that is committed to it. He is giving man another chance by even sending his Son as a redeemer for us. We are to repent of sin and not practice it.

6. We don't need the holy place now that Jesus came. He is the holy place. The vail fell apart when Jesus died on the cross, meaning he is our new covenant.

7. Evil does not come from God. Evil is opposing God's will. God can cast out demons in people. But people can let them enter again by refusing to obey God's will.

8 The earth is a circle because it is not a square or triangle. Close enough for me.

9. His Kingdom is also here on earth. You are talking about hypocritical people now. Those who walk with Christians and claim to be one of them but are evil and living apart from God's ways.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1)Without the sun and stars there would be no darkness or light so we couldn't distinguish them.
    2) It is the evolutionary track of self defense, we developed a higher level of thinking and have been ontop of the food chain since.
    3) Because she took the fruit and tempted adam to take it
    4)Because God knew it would happen it was supposed to happen to explain our knowledge, and conscience
    5) It is fate, we can't stop these events
    6) Because the angels must recognize one as safe and bells calm them
    7) Because these spirits are what is believed to have origionally tempted us as humans
    8) Because it was built as a hierarchy, with heaven as the outter most arc, earth as mid arc, and finally the underworld as the innermost arc
    9) The kingdom of Jesus is earth

It does not say he made day before Sun he says he made the stars to give light on the earth. That makes a lot of sense.

2..He gave us the intelligence to know the difference.

3 It was Adams place to inform his wife not to eat the forbidden fruit. Anyways, Eve knew or the serpent would not have had to say to her. "Go ahead and eat the fruit Eve, you won't die, God just does not want you to be wise.

4. God chooses not to know where direction we will go, spiritually. He gives us free will.

5. Read Genesis ch,. 6 God was upset at the violence and evil in man. He said I will destroy him. And guess whats on the God's agenda? He in the end will destroy all evil and everyone that is committed to it. He is giving man another chance by even sending his Son as a redeemer for us. We are to repent of sin and not practice it.

6. We don't need the holy place now that Jesus came. He is the holy place. The vail fell apart when Jesus died on the cross, meaning he is our new covenant.

7. Evil does not come from God. Evil is opposing God's will. God can cast out demons in people. But people can let them enter again by refusing to obey God's will.

8 The earth is a circle because it is not a square or triangle. Close enough for me.

9. His Kingdom is also here on earth. You are talking about hypocritical people now. Those who walk with Christians and claim to be one of them but are evil and living apart from God's ways.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information