Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

How do I make my xbox 360 get three red flashing red lights (the one where

you get the e74 code)? at the moment i am getting two flashing lights 5 minutes into any game I try to play. Apparently this is due to overheating but i have left it for more than 24 hours to cool down but still it crashes straight away. So i call xbox support for them to fix it: and for some reason they will only fix it for free if it has the three flashing lights and the e74 message, if theres anything else wrong with it i have to pay about £80 to fix it. So thats why i want to make it get three red lights so that i want have to pay a dime to get it fixed. All suggestions welcome, it will save me a ton if i can do it. I've heard stuff about wrapping it in towels but i just want to ask as many people as i can. All suggestions welcome. Thanks

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What does 2 flashing lights do? Like does the game stop playing? If you can still play the game, then simply ignore the lights and play the rats out of it and "hope" the third light lights up. It's your toy, and you wanna play it.

As much as it sucks, I cannot "endorse" deliberately getting 3 lights beyond simply leaving the unit on while you are around (in case of fire!) and hoping for the best lol.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First of all, you are getting things seriously mixed up. The E74 code has 1 red light. This is totally separate from the 3 red lights.

As to why they will only fix it for those problems: The standard warranty on the 360 is for 1 year. Due to a large number of problems they extended the warranty to 3 years ONLY for the 3 red lights and E74 codes. This tells me that your xbox is between 1 and 3 years old.

The towel trick the other posted talked about originally hit the web as a way to temporarily fix the 3 red lights, not cause them. If you do it on an xbox that does not yet have the 3 red lights, I have no idea if it would cause them to happen or not.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What does 2 flashing lights do? Like does the game stop playing? If you can still play the game, then simply ignore the lights and play the rats out of it and "hope" the third light lights up. It's your toy, and you wanna play it.

As much as it sucks, I cannot "endorse" deliberately getting 3 lights beyond simply leaving the unit on while you are around (in case of fire!) and hoping for the best lol.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First of all, you are getting things seriously mixed up. The E74 code has 1 red light. This is totally separate from the 3 red lights.

As to why they will only fix it for those problems: The standard warranty on the 360 is for 1 year. Due to a large number of problems they extended the warranty to 3 years ONLY for the 3 red lights and E74 codes. This tells me that your xbox is between 1 and 3 years old.

The towel trick the other posted talked about originally hit the web as a way to temporarily fix the 3 red lights, not cause them. If you do it on an xbox that does not yet have the 3 red lights, I have no idea if it would cause them to happen or not.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think wrapping it around in towels does make you get the 3 flashing red lights because it would heat it up loads. Also there is this video on You tube where this guy wraps towels around the xbox to make it heat up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avWs4-wD15w&feature=related. Hope this helps

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information