Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Probation Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do I drain the power steering fluid from my 1990 chevy G20 van and how...

...much fluid does it hold? I have let my power steering fluid get low. The pump is noisy. It only started to make a noise yesterday, so I hope the pump is not damaged. I would like to drain and refill the system because I think that it has Automatic gearbox fluid in there at the moment. Could you tell me the best way to drain the power steering system so I get it all out and how much power steering fluid I require to refill it? Thank you.

You don't "let the p/s fluid get low". You have a leak somewhere. To drain the system you need to disconnect the return line and run the motor. It would be best to flush the system by topping up the reservoir while running the motor with the return line off. A quart of fluid to flush, and another quart to fill. Find the leak before doing the flush and fill.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information