Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Looking for the rules for a board game called "Map Mania"?

I have this board game that was purchased in South Africa (made by Arlenco). It looks very interesting but unfortunately the set of rules is missing. Does anyone know how to play it?

Unregistered
    Hello, I am looking for this game but cannot find it anywhere. Not even google can find this game. Where did you get it from? If you won the game the following would be said 3 times "All hail map master of the world!", I used to have the game a long time ago.

Unregistered

The rules, as best as I could explain them...

Hi. I don't know if you will even get this or if you even still have to game, but thought I would post just in case. I've had this game almost my whole life and still love to play it.
    Basically, you choose which level you're going to play - I or II. Then you set yourself up with a "scorecard" - the cards with the pictures - and a map and get the piles of questions cards ready. Each player rolls the die in turn. The player with the highest roll starts the game. From then on each number on the die corresponds to a category. So if you roll a 2, for example, another player picks up a card from the Island pile and asks you the question. You then have to answer it with a number from the map you think is correct - the colour of the numbers match the colour of the card/category. If you answer correctly, you get to place the corresponding picture token on your scorecard (in this case, the Island token). You also get another throw of the die. You keep getting turns so long as you keep answering correctly, but you can only have one token per category at a time - no stockpiling. The winner is the first person to complete their scorecard. At which point you get proclaimed Map Master of the World and earn gloating rights
    It's simple but lots of fun.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information